Q. Will drinking wine cause delay in healing process after microneedling?

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

My question is, when can I drink more than two glasses of wine a day or a whole bottle without it hindering the healing process after my dermapen session of micro needling? And also, because I was occasionally drinking a few bottles of beer after I had gotten it done, does that mean my healing time has to be longer than six weeks? By the way, I did my acne scar regions with 2.00 mm needles.

#

Alcohol use can diminish wound healing, it increases the blood flow so it can also cause bleeding. Excessive alcohol intake also reduces the immunity of the body which can lead to delayed wound healing.

Same principle applied to micro needling. Micro needling is also a small type of injuries created in the facial skin so that the healing process makes a healthy smooth skin and remove the scar. So if you take alcohol during that process alcohol is going to affect that healing process and it can lead to infection. So I advise that you should completely avoid alcohol if possible.

A small amount of one glass of beer per day can be taken if you cannot control your urge to take alcohol.

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

Can Ibuprofen lower the platelet count?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hair transplant with 1500 grafts. That means about 3500 1 mm holes were made in my neck area (beard) and scalp and formed crusts and healed. Following my transplant (30 hours later), I had a normal white blood count but platelets were very low (60000), after one week my platel...  Read Full »

What are the ways to remove acne scars?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. My weight is 50 kg and my height is 158 cm. I have severe acne scars on face, back, lower back, below the neck and pimples on face. Even after using Benzoyl peroxide there is no change. I have oily skin. I use to get severe menstrual pain up to 3 or 4 days and for which...  Read Full »

Can L-Lysine be taken everyday?

Query: Hi doctor, Please tell me whether L-Lysine is safe to take every day or not.  Read Full »