Q. Will taking L-Lysine everyday cause any side-effect?

Dr. Pranay Shailendra Gandhi

Please tell me whether L-Lysine is safe to take every day or not.

#

Yes, it is safe to take it daily upto 5 gm. It has shown positive effects in depression, wound healing and is good for skin and hair as well. Excess can cause gastric upset.

I have been taking 1000 mg for the past 12 days. Is this amount safe every day?

#

Definitely 1000 mg is perfectly fine. I would request you to kindly wait for a few weeks to observe its benefits. Along with the supplements, you can also take diet rich in lysine like beef, chicken and lamb, seafood like prawns and oysters, salmon, cod, and tuna or milk, cheese and yogurt. Also, fruits like avocado, dried apricots and pears and nuts like pumpkin seeds and cashews are rich sources of lysine.

|