Microscopic Hematuria

Can liver failure cause blood in urine and weakness?

Query: He's my dad, becoming weak day by day. We consulted doctor who told the urine is containing blood also although its not visible looking at urine. His leg was also swelling, on medication it became fine. He also added, it may be liver failure but he didn't confirm. How he's becoming weak?Age :73Weig...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand you must be very upset about your father. The history you provided provides a little clue to what excatly he is sufferring with. Non visible blood in urine is called microscopic hematuria. Some liver condition can cause this problem such as Hepatit...  Read Full »

Are frequent bowel movements and hematuria symptoms of low digestive enzymes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing trouble with my bowels for the past one and a half weeks. I would normally have big stools, and go often daily, sometimes every other day, and rarely once every three days. I have been having more frequent bowel movements, but they have become much smaller and...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. There is no such intestinal cause for hematuria. Hematuria may be microscopic or macroscopic.Microscopic can be known only through urine examination, as you told that you were told to have hematuria I suppose you have ...  Read Full »

What is microscopic hematuria?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a software professional. I work in shifts from 2 PM to 11:30 PM. Recently, I got a complete health check-up done and found to have microscopic hematuria. Before this health check-up, I used to take medicines for headaches (Saridon and Headset tablets). I used to drink alcohol thr...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and except for the microscopic hematuria, all your reports are fine and there is nothing to worry about. Regarding the microscopic hematuria, it could be due to subclinical UTI (U...  Read Full »

I have IgA neuropathy, is it normal for the protein and blood levels in the urine to fluctuate?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with early IgA nephropathy, about five years ago, and I am on medication. Protein and blood are present in the urine, and their levels have varied over time, ranging from traces to ++. My recent urine analysis showed protein (+), erythrocytes (++), RBC (8-10 /HPF), creati...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To correctly answer your questions, I need to know the following. Was biopsy done? If yes, then send the report. Is your blood pressure under control? What medicines are you currently taking? I suggest you get a 24-hour urine for protein done. This will tell you the degr...  Read Full »

What does blood in urine 1+ mean?

Query: Hi doctor, In my routine urine test, blood in urine is 1+ and RBC 6-8. What does it mean? I have attached my routine urine test report for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report is suggestive of microscopic hematuria. Microscopic hematuria may be because of calculus in urinary tract. Calculus in urinary tract causes pain on the side of its presence and...  Read Full »

Though my hepatitis report came negative, my urine is still red. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Two years ago, I got chicken pox. Later, I started taking lots of oil items. As a consequence, I got jaundice. Exactly a year ago, I took a few tests and everything was under control except direct bilirubin level 0.4. Seven months later, whenever I urinated in the morning the color of my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your frustration with non-diagnosis state. Let me first clarify a few myths. Consuming oil does not cause jaundice. You must have developed jaundice due to viral hepatitis. It is unlikely that the current episode is because of the hepatitis. Also, I do n...  Read Full »