Q. What does blood in urine 1+ mean?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 18, 2021

In my routine urine test, blood in urine is 1+ and RBC 6-8. What does it mean? I have attached my routine urine test report for your reference. Please help.

#

I had gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your report is suggestive of microscopic hematuria. Microscopic hematuria may be because of calculus in urinary tract.
  • Calculus in urinary tract causes pain on the side of its presence and hematuria.
  • Also do blood investigations like serum creatinine and urea to make sure your kidneys are normal.
  • My current advice is to drink plenty of water. Further evaluation or management depends upon the ultrasound report and the size of calculus.

Revert back with the investigation reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|