Q. How can we treat the gaps between the teeth?

Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Oct 09, 2018

I am 31 years old. I have gaps between my teeth. Can it be closed? By which process can it be closed?

#

I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We can try composite filling or veneer or porcelain veneers. But, it will make your teeth look broader and will affect your esthetics, as the gaps are generalized in the front teeth. Hence, I would suggest leaving it just like that as it does not look so odd. But, you can consult your nearby dentist. The doctor can examine your soft and hard tissues and conclude it in a better way as my advice is based only on the image of your teeth. For the gap in the midline (between two central incisors), a composite restoration can be done.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

I started having lisping problem after I got dental veneers. Do the teeth need more adjusting?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got six porcelain veneers across my top front teeth, and now I have a lot of difficulty in my speech. I have a slurring sound while saying 's' and 't' in particular. I always had a bit of a lisp, but now it is so much worse that I am embarrassed to talk at all because I sound ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have a lisping problem, then it can be due to the thick edges of the veneers, and also you need proper training to speak properly. It takes some time for the muscles of lips, cheeks, and tongue to coordinate with the veneers and adjust accordingly so that you ca...  Read Full

I am not comfortable with my retainers after getting veneers. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male who had braces five years back. I had braces for two and a half years for upper teeth only, and I still wear my retainer every night. I recently got veneers on my upper six front teeth, so my dentist had to make a couple of adjustments to my retainer. For about ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reason why you are experiencing this is probably because of your retainer. Your retainer might be active or tight, which exerts a force on your teeth when you wear it. When the force is removed, the teeth does move very minutely, which is imperceptible sometimes. Whe...  Read Full