Q. Is there any way to correct the gap between two front teeth?

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

I want to know what can be done to get my teeth in proper alignment as there is a gap between two teeth.

#

I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. If you have a gap between the front teeth only, then the condition is called as midline diastema. It can be treated orthodontically as well as with conservative management (operative dentistry).

In operative dentistry, the gap will be filled with the tooth-colored material (composite filling) and it will be as if there were no gap in between. However, a slight elongation of the crown does occur but you have a small gap so it will not be that evident. For you, I would recommend you to go for the operative procedure (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a non-invasive procedure and results are instant and is also globally approved procedure. Follow up after the procedure is done.

|