Q. Is midline diastema curable?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

I have a wide midline maxillary diastema. Is it curable and what are the chances of its relapse. I have missing lateral incisors.

#

Midline diastema can be corrected basically by two methods. One, using a filling material or crowns which can be done in a single or few appointments. Secondly, by using braces treatment which can be relatively for a long time success depending on the severity or combination of both the above methods. Since you have mentioned that it is a large diastema the combination method would be the one I prefer. But I do not want to misguide you without even seeing what exactly the condition is. I request you to send me a picture for a more appropriate advice. Else, I advise you to visit your nearby dentist preferably a specialist in smile design to analyze your current complaint.

|