Q. I want to know if pills Mifepristone, Misoprostol are genuine and reliable and how to use it?

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
Published on Dec 13, 2017

HelIo,

I want to know if my pills unwanted-kit from mankind (1 Mifepristone, 4 Misoprostol) genuine and reliable and how to use it?

#

You can take tablets of misoprostol by mouth, usually within 48 hours of mifepristone. Depending on the dose, this could be as soon as 6 hours after the mifepristone.

Mifepristone causes the placenta to separate from the endometrium. It also softens the cervix and increases uterine contractions to allow the uterine contents to pass.

Misoprostol causes uterine contractions so that your body passes the uterine contents.

In some clinics, you may have asked to stay for 4 hours after misoprostol is given, because if serious side effects occur; they usually occur in this time period and can then be treated.

The pregnancy may end in the clinic or later at home. It is reliable to use but has certain side effects.

Feel free to ask an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How to confirm abortion after taking abortion kit?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected intercourse on the 11th. My menses date was on 26th of the same month, but I missed my menses. I had a pregnancy test after eight days and it was positive. I took the first set of abortion pills on the same day at 6:30 PM. At 10:30 PM, I started to have bleeding and the ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you have not mentioned the name of the pills or the pack that you have taken for medical abortion. From the set of pills, I understand that you have taken two pills at 6.30 PM and then a second set of Misoprostol pills at 10 AM after 16 hours. This is a wron...  Read Full

What are the uses of Misoprostol?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain me the uses of Misoprostol.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Misoprostol is a wonder drug, which is used randomly in various obstetrical conditions. It is used for abortion when the gestation is only few months, that is less than 7 weeks, along with another drug called Mifepristone. Mifepristone 200 mg is advised to t...  Read Full

Is the abortion process complete or not?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had an abortion pill. I took Mifepristone tablet first then after 36 hours, I took four tablets of Misoprostol of 200 mcg orally. At first, there was light bleeding during one hour then after some time I had heavy bleeding and it almost soaked two pads and it continued for ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you have not passed any tissue or mass like structures out of the vagina. So we cannot be sure about the complete termination of pregnancy. Presence of just bleeding does not ensure the complete termination. So our priority is to confirm it. Now it is a tim...  Read Full