Q. My daughter's permanant teeth is erupting in the wrong place. Please help.

Dr. Bharat Joshi

I usually check my daughter's teeth as per her local pediatric dentist's suggestion as her front teeth are about to fall. Before three days, everything was normal. When we checked today, we found that the tooth was coming from the backside of the milk tooth. It seems to be very much crossed. We will be revisiting our pediatric dentist, but we are worried about this as we are at the native place. Would you please check the attached image and suggest further? Will this permanent crooked tooth come in a straight line? We understand that we may require to extract milk teeth. Will it be fine if you wait till the coming week? We worry that permanent tooth should come in a straight line that seems to be crossed. Please guide.

#

The permanent teeth erupt back of the milk teeth. It is normal to cross the milk teeth as they will come in a straight line in one to two years. I request you to please get an image of the involved teeth to see the status of the root whenever you get a clinical check-up. Do not worry, as the space will become fine once every permanent tooth erupts. And yes, you can wait for a week because it takes 3 to 6 months for minor movement of teeth.

|