Milk Teeth

My 13 year old pulled out a tooth that was hurting. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,My 13 year old said this tooth was hurting him when he bit down in class. So, he just painfully pulled it out. He is really concerned because the tooth has a root on it. It is the second one from the back on the top right side.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through the complaint and the relevant details. Considering the age of your son, I am pretty sure it is the milk tooth that he has forcefully pulled out. Ask him if the tooth was loose and that he was not able to chew food properly on that side. Do not worr...  Read Full »

How to manage the decayed teeth of a 4-year-old child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has a decayed tooth from the age of two. After slipping down accidentally, one of his teeth broke in half. Day-by-day adjacent teeth are also getting decayed. However, when I consulted a local doctor, he said that these are milk teeth, and there is nothing to worry about. But, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is your dentist. I went through your query, and the attached image <attachment removed to protect patient identity>. I am very sorry for the kid's discomfort. Caries are present in the lower right deciduous first and second molars (milk tooth). Kindly let...  Read Full »

Why did only one tooth erupt in the space of three missing teeth?

Query: Well when i was a kid three of my teeth is missing. One was a twin tooth where in areas are two small teeth stick together. And the other teeth is normal which makes three teeth missing. So since three is missing three is also expected to grow. But only one grow yet my gums has no space at all. So i...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query Ma'am , am very sorry for your inconvenience. As a Specialist am here to help you. Kindly Upload an image of the tooth you are talking about. Its diagnostically relevant and I will let you know necessary actions and managem...  Read Full »

Will the tooth come back if a 1.5-year-old baby loses her tooth?

Query: My baby 1 and half year old while playing she fall down she lost her front upper tooth from root Is that tooth come again?  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Icliniq This is your Dentist - I went through your query and it too painful to see a baby in pain . Kindly donot worry as its a primary(milk tooth) so it will surely erupt by the age of 7 years . So Ma'am kindly be patient till then . If possible kindly upload an image of th...  Read Full »

Can you get braces if you have baby teeth?

Query: im a 14 year old child . My concern is that i only have 24 set of teeth , 1 is growing at the back but i only have 13 baby teeth and 11 are permanent teeth . To be add on , i have doubling rows since three years back, and have gotten it out last year but it is still hasnt come back to its place bec...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - First of all you will be needing an OPG, its a full mouth view xray , extraction of the decidious teeths as found in the Xray will be done. Now its turn to see where those impacted permanent tooths are present . Hopefully they will errupt a bit l...  Read Full »

What is the difference between milk teeth and permanent teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 10 years old. I do not have my second premolar in the upper side, I only have the first premolar. It has been like this for my whole life. My bottom first premolar teeth are getting loose, and my upper first premolar teeth have fallen down. Is this normal for a 10-year-old? What ...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got some interesting questions here. Firstly, during our baby dentition stage, we have two incisors, one canine, and two molars (on each side). 10 teeth on each jaw, a total of 20 teeth. Premolars come into play only during the adult dentition stage. And...  Read Full »

Can teething cause diarrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 6 months old. For the past couple of days, he is suffering from diarrhea (watery stools and green type stools) five to seven times a day. His gums are also hard and red, may be teething. Currently he is on antibiotics, multivitamins and some medicines for diarrhea. I would b...  Read Full »

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By reading your query, it is clear that the baby is suffering from diarrhea due to dentition only. I would advise you to stop antibiotics as it is not necessary to the baby now. Please give him homeopathic medicine Chamomilla 30c potency only two drops in little water ...  Read Full »

While on braces treatment, should we remove the milk teeth or treat it with veneer?

Query: Hello doctor, We are looking at getting braces for my 14-year-old daughter. She does not need wisdom teeth removed, but she has a small baby tooth number 22. The last dentist we went to see suggested removing it because there is no enough root. They suggested to remove before braces and bridge it. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach the X-ray for a better understanding. Anyway, the milk tooth has to be removed. The wisdom tooth usually develops and erupts by around 18 to 20 years of age. So need to see X-ray for confirmation. No need for a bridge at this age go for braces to correc...  Read Full »

I have two milk teeth covered by adult teeth. How long will it take to remove the baby teeth?

Query: Hello doctor,I have two milk teeth in my mouth in the upper part. There are two adult teeth on top of that as visible from the x-ray. I wanted to know if I start the procedure now, how long it takes to pull the two adult teeth down and remove the baby teeth?  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are retained teeth and impacted permanent canines (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As your age is concerned, it is a complicated procedure to move them orthodontically after extraction. Still, I think you consult an orthodontist that will decid...  Read Full »

My son is 2.5 years old and he has pain in one of his front tooth. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2.5 years old and he has pain in one of his front tooth. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take your son to any dentist especially a pedodontist soon and get it checked properly. It is the right age to take your son. Keep his teeth clean with cloth and water or some paste on a kids brush and clean teeth in vertical direction very gently. Do not feed with b...  Read Full »