Q. Root canal treatment is advised in milk teeth. Please advise.

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on May 25, 2019

My son is 4 years old. He was only on milk diet till three years. His eight teeth got brown color, when we went to the doctor he suggested for cleaning and filling for six teeth but for two teeth, he suggeested for RCT. My son never complained about pain or swelling. Do we really need to go for RCT?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

Yes, it is called pulpectomy procedure, not proper root canal treatment as done in adults. Those milk molars have to stay till 10 years of age at least. So, if you want to prevent breakdown of teeth and pain in near future, it is necessary.

How to find out if I have caries under my tooth restoration?

Query: Hello doctor,I have three first molars that have been filled with amalgam three years ago. I need to know how can I find out if one of them has caries under the restoration because one more first molar was also restored by amalgam, and three years later, I was experiencing some pain. When the doctor...  Read Full »

My 2 year old son's teeth are exposed and are sensitive. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 2 year old son, who was born through a c-section. One out of his six teeth is actively disintegrating. The enamel has come off, and the inner part of the tooth is exposed and sensitive to cold drinks. What should I do?  Read Full »

I have a small hole in the middle of my tooth. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small hole in the middle of my tooth and the top of my tooth. I do not have any other symptoms. The only medication I am taking is a multivitamin. What should I do?  Read Full »