Q. I missed a few Mini-pill doses, and my period is four days late. Could I pregnant?

Dr. Rajeev Chaudhary

I started the mini pill just over a month ago and a few times ive missed the pill by over 3 hours and at least 2 days after them times my boyfriend has ejacuated inside me im now 4 days late on my period is this normal or could i be pregnant?

Dr. Rajeev Chaudhary

General Surgery
# Hello Miss
Thank you for your Query
Mini Pill are progesterone only pills which have work by thickening the cervical mucus, which will prevent sperm penetration and reducing the chance of Pregnancy.
Many Articles and research have shown using such pills have reduced unwanted pregnancy to 95-97%. still there are chances of 3-5% being pregnant.
In your case , the pills will interfere in your ovulatory cycle. may delay or may be early in your monthly period. you should not be worried.
If you are really worried you can test your urine. or you can test yourself using the pregnancy kit if it is legal in your location. which will make your relief with your doubt.
These pills have been approved with window period of 12 hours and are effective for 12 hours.
Generally this pill should be taken without any break.

|