Q. I have not stopped bleeding since I gave birth and I feel tired and dizzy. Why?

Published on Nov 15, 2019

I had a baby last February, and since then, I have not stopped bleeding. I have done ultrasounds (internal and external), blood tests, and they still do not know what is wrong, and I cannot afford to see a specialist. Now, when I stand after sitting, leaning, or laying down, I am dizzy and feel faint. I would like your opinion on this matter. Since I have had my child, I have roughly not been bleeding for about a month, but that is not consistent.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You must have become anemic now as you have been bleeding for so long. I suggest if there was no cause found on ultrasound and the uterus is well involuted and clean, then the likely cause is progesterone imbalance. If you are not planning for another child for the next one year, then I would suggest you take a Progestin-only pill or Minipill continuously for six months at least to stop your menses and also build up your hemoglobin levels. These pills would serve as contraception as well as they would stop your ovulation and menses. It has to be taken continuously without a break of packs for six months, the moment you miss or defaulter, your withdrawal bleed shall occur.

It is available with the name of Cerazette and a highly safe pill. This is the best for you and you would be indeed benefited. It would not cause any harm to ovulation in the future after discontinuation rather it would regularise your cycle.

I am getting persistent brownish vaginal discharge. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sexually active, but I am getting brown discharge over a month from my last periods. Yesterday my periods started and that is also thick black discharge. Why?  Read Full »

Do birth control pills cause nephrotic syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been taking birth control pills for five months, since she gave birth. About two months ago, she started having some swelling in her feet and legs. She waited to see if it would go away, but it did not. Her doctor did some tests and found protein in the urine, so she sent ...  Read Full »

Having on and off heavy bleeding other than normal menstruation. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am not on any sort of birth control pills. I had a normal menstruation in the starting of this month and normal bleeding. After six to seven days, I started bleeding again. The bleeding was not very heavy, but lasted on and off for about six days. Now, after a gap o...  Read Full »