Minocycline

Please suggest tablets for pimples and dark spots.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old, and I am suffering from severe pimples followed by dark marks on the face. I did so many chemical peels, and the condition did not improve. My friend told me to take Minocycline 50, so I am taking it since two months, and my pimples are improving. Can I take this ta...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is a common problem during adolescence, and it is unlikely to have such severe acne at your age. However, there are instances when this could happen, such as a family history of bad acne, and it is totally acceptable. The treatment for acne depends on the grade and ...  Read Full »

I have non-healing pimples. What can they be?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. What seemed as a common pimple to me some months ago is causing me a great problem now. I had a few pimples on my face around 4-5 months back. I remember trying to put pressure on them and I messed it up. I had pimples all over my face. Then, I consulted a doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a look at your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are currently having acne grade 3. In my opinion the best treatment for your acne would be a mild cleanser like Epiduo-OTC (combination of Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) face wash....  Read Full »

My face has broken out worse than before. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. My face is heavily broken out worse than ever before with patches of flaking and peeling of skin over the oily areas. I have had acne since the age of 9, and have had psoriasis since I was 7 which tends to appear on my face during winter and on the rest of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have inflammatory acne (moderate to severe grade). The flakiness over the oily skin zone is perhaps due to associated seborrheic dermatitis or sebopsoria...  Read Full »

My culture report showed Nocardia positive. How to proceed?

Query: Hello doctor, A few weeks ago I went to the doctor with an open skin wound on my face. I was cultured as it looked like Staph infection and given antibiotics. I ended up putting raw, unfiltered honey on the wound and it cleared up in the next three days. There is only a small red scar now. The cultu...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Purohit

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Microbiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, but I require some more information. What specimen you had given for culture and in how many days it came back positive? What are the antibiotics you had taken earlier? How did you get that skin wound? Revert back with the answers to the ab...  Read Full »

Would fractional laser help in removing acne scars?

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild to moderate acne. My dermatologist prescribed Isotretinoin 20 mg on alternate days, but I am experiencing hair fall. Also, he prescribed an antibiotic Septra. I took the tablets for only two days. I am reluctant to take these drugs due to its side effect. Please suggest an alt...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not take Septra for acne (combination of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim). Isotretinoin is not safe if you are planning a pregnancy. Otherwise, there is no risk. There are alternatives available like Minocycline and Doxycycline. I suggest a capsule Doxy 100 mg twice...  Read Full »