Q. Kindly help with a solution to prevent acne and scars.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 24, 2020

I have acne and acne marks on my cheeks for about a year now. Please help me get clear skin.

I am no current medications, but I have used Clindamycin phosphate and Nicotinamide gel before, that did not help.

#

I can understand your concern. Your statement and pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that you suffer acne and acne marks.

You can use the following medication as follows-

1. Retino-A Tretinoin cream. Apply locally on your affected area twice daily.

2. Hydroquinone cream. Apply locally on your affected area twice daily (in the evening and at night).

3. Tablet Minocin (Minocycline Hydrochloride) 100 mg 1+0+1 for 12 weeks.

Hopefully, the above-mentioned medications will help to subside your acne and acne marks.

How long will it take to heal completely?

#

I think it will take two to three months to heal completely. Take plenty of fluids regularly. Keep your bowel movement daily. Take green leafy vegetables regularly to prevent constipation. Take proper sleep daily. Try to lead a tension and anxiety-free life.

I hope the above-mentioned medications and measures will help to cure your acne soon.

I wanted to ask if I should use Vitamin C serum after washing my face before applying moisturizer? Also, what is the purpose of the tablet? Because I have heard once if you stop taking the tablets, the acne comes back twice as worse. And when should I apply Hydroquinone?

#

You can use a basic vitamin C serum after washing your face and before applying moisturizer. Minocycline is an antibiotic that can help to treat acne. It also helps to kill acne-causing bacteria and reduce redness and inflammation. As acne has not responded to other medications, Minocycline is a great treatment option for you.

Acne may recur after stop using medications. It does not mean that it will occur in your case too. Proper use of acne medications and maintaining of some measures will help to eradicate someone's acnes.

Hydroquinone should be used in the evening and at night. It should not be used in the daytime. Sunlight may aggravate itching, irritation, rash, etc. Retino-A Tretinoin cream can be used in the morning and at noon. You can take Minocycline twice daily or once at night. It depends on you.

Will this help close my pores? Because they are pretty open on the cheeks. Should exfoliating be done?

#

Minocycline will help to heal acne and eventually fill your pores. Do not worry. I have tried to provide a treatment protocol of medications that will give you good coverage for your acne and acne spots.

Hi doctor I have been applying the creams for a few days now (4 days) and my skins seems to be getting dry should I be applying moisturizer or is it not needed? Also iv been applying retino a in the morning after face wash and then in the noon wash face with plain water apply it again and water again and hydronique in the evenin and night this is correct right? Iv been applying them as a normal cream rubbing in the skin or should I be using only on affected spots in dots? And I couldn't find minocycline so I got this tablet in the file uploaded this is fine too right?
# hi
thnx for joining again. dryness of the skin is common as a side effects of these medications. another reason is the weather, winter season is known for dryness. u should take plenty of fluids daily to prevent the dryness of skin. u can apply moisturizer but observe carefully after applying it whether it will aggravate ur pimples or not. if it aggravates, then stop immediately using it.
Hydroquine should be applied on skin at evening and at night, especially after sunset. because sunlight may cause itching, irritation, redness on skin if it is used in sunlight.
before applying these creams, u should read the apply procedure that would be found inside their packets. please, do that.
u can take Minocycline as follows-

Tab. Minoz (100mg) [ Minocycline HCL]
0+0+1 for 3 months.

keep it in ur mind that, ur pimples may be aggravated initially after using these medications before curing or getting full benefits from these medications. don't worry.it is normal.
take care. hope I have answered your questions. let me know if I can assist u further.
Hi doctor I have been having some problems with the same on my back aswell for the last 7 days I have been using tretinoin cream usp 0.05% for my back but it hasn't reduced the marks or the acne also I was given this mist spray I have uploaded the photo along with my backs photos it helped me last time with the marks should I use that again or will it aggrevvate the acne?
# hi,
thnx for joining again. you may notice Tretinoin cream starting to work within 2-3 weeks, but it can take 6 weeks or more to experience full benefit. if u don't see improvement within 12 weeks, then consider it isn't not working. up to that period of time, continue use this medication.
according to the picture that is provided here, ur using cream containing Clindamycin which is an antibiotic that can be used for skin and soft tissue infections like acnes.
I have already prescribed u Minoz or Minocycline which is an antibiotic for the same purpose.
if u want to use topical Clindamycin, u can.
if your skin becomes dry and irritated during using Tretinoin cream, then u can use moisturizer. but u should start out with applying moisturizer underneath and on top of ur Tretinoin to help reduce initial irritation.
take care. in case of any other query ask me.
Hi doctor I just wanted to ask you if you think these medicines are working also the minoz tablet after effects seem to give more acne once we stop using it. I have sent pictures of my face as of now you can compare and see if you think it's working.
# hi,
thnx for joining again. as I have already said that, ur pimples may be aggravated initially after using these acne medications before curing or getting full benefits from these medications.
I have prescribed these acne medications for 3 months. only 11 days have gone. and u have just started to take Minoz. if u don't see any improvement within 12 weeks, then consider, these acne medications r not working.
take plenty of fluids along with green leafy vegetables to prevent dehydration and constipation. take sleep properly. avoid any type of tension. don't put ur hands on ur Pimples.
avoid masturbation.
from my point of view, these r the best medications for acnes that have already been prescribed for u.
u can check my treatment protocol with any dermatologist, if u want.
please keep continue my treatment protocol. in case of any other query ask me.

|