Q. Missed periods and pregnancy test is negative. Kindly advise.

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I missed my period last month and after the first late day I took a pregnancy test and it said not pregnant. So I waited for a few more days to go by to take another and it said positive so from that day I scheduled a follow-up appointment and when I went to get an ultrasound they told me that there was nothing there. So she predicted that I may be early, so she used the camera and she still did not see anything. She told me to undergo a urine test and it came out negative meaning I am not pregnant. I left there and took another test at home and it said negative. It has been a whole month and I still do not have my period. What could be wrong with my body?

#

Have you done the blood pregnancy test (hCG)? It could have been a chemical pregnancy meaning non-viable early pregnancy. You can take medicines for withdrawal bleeding like Norethisterone 5 mg twice a day for five days. You will get periods after you stop the medicine. The bleeding might start by 4 to 14 days. Did the radiologist mention the endometrial thickness?

|