Q. Missed periods and pregnancy test is negative. Kindly advise.

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I missed my period last month and after the first late day I took a pregnancy test and it said not pregnant. So I waited for a few more days to go by to take another and it said positive so from that day I scheduled a follow-up appointment and when I went to get an ultrasound they told me that there was nothing there. So she predicted that I may be early, so she used the camera and she still did not see anything. She told me to undergo a urine test and it came out negative meaning I am not pregnant. I left there and took another test at home and it said negative. It has been a whole month and I still do not have my period. What could be wrong with my body?

#

Have you done the blood pregnancy test (hCG)? It could have been a chemical pregnancy meaning non-viable early pregnancy. You can take medicines for withdrawal bleeding like Norethisterone 5 mg twice a day for five days. You will get periods after you stop the medicine. The bleeding might start by 4 to 14 days. Did the radiologist mention the endometrial thickness?

| 

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full »

Is my missed period due to stress?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old female who weighs 139 kg. I am concerned about my periods. I had my last period two months ago, but have not had one since then. I feel that I ovulated on time after my last period, and have basically had PMS ever since. I have very tender breasts, lower left sided a...  Read Full »

I have missed periods. Is this pregnancy or a disease amenorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor,I had unprotected sex at 11 PM but took I-pill the next morning at 9 AM. I have missed periods. I have heard about the disease amenorrhea. Is this pregnancy or a disease amenorrhea? If amenorrhea happens, can it be easily cured? How she I have regular periods? Is it a matter of fear or a c...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»