Q. 2D echo showed mitral regurgitation and mild tricuspid regurgiation. Please explain.

I just want to know what is the meaning of mitral regurgitation, and mild tricuspid regurgitation in 2D echo?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have seen the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Mild mitral and tricuspid regurgitation means there is a mild leakage across these valves. Mild regurgitation may be seen in otherwise normal individuals or with age. It is not necessarily abnormal.

Other findings are dilated left atrium and concentric hypertrophy which are probably due to high BP or with age. So there are minor changes and not alarming or serious, need adequate blood pressure control.

| 

So I do not need any medicine, aside from my maintenance in blood pressure, right? Can you also take a look at my ECG? And what are the do's and dont's?

#

Your ECG shows changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is RBBB (right bundle branch block) and first degree AV block. All these changes are probably caused by hypertension.

However, it is advisable that we ruled out the possibility of blockages in your heart arteries as well. So you should undergo stress test for that purpose.

Second regarding heart block, if you are on beta-blockers for hypertension like Metoprolol, then it needs to be changed to other agent, and repeat ECG to look for resolution of heart block. If you are not then you should undergo Holter monitoring to confirm that it is not worsening more than first degree AV block. So you would need a few more tests, and if normal then no other medications are necessary.

|