Q. What does mild mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation mean?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Echo report shows:

Physiologic pericardial effusion

Eustachian valve remnant at right atrium

Rvsp=30mmhg

Inferior vena cava not dilated

Mild mitral, tricuspid valve regurgitation.

Does this report show a normal result?

#

I have worked through your query and understand your health issues. I assure you not worry as you have consulted the appropriate expert physician who will take care of all of your medical concerns.

I will simplify the things for your understanding and will go through whole of the echocardiography report attached. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

There is no tumor seen inside heart chambers.

No blood clots seen means your heart is pumping in such a normal way that there is no turbulence of blood and heart valves are not causing any thrombi formation.

All the chambers of heart are seen normal inside.

Pumping of blood to the lungs and to rest of the body by right and left ventricles respectively is all normal.

Relaxation of heart chambers during beats is also normal.

No abnormal connections between the heart chambers.

Very mild mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation of blood, and that is insignificant and considered normal. Nothing to worry right now but keep a follow up with a cardiologist in the future too.

Right ventricular systolic pressure of 30 mmHg is a little in the higher figures (15-25 mmHg being normal range usually). They have suggested an eustachian valve remnant at right atrium. Eustachian valve is a fetal structure, and we usually see just a flap of the valve after the birth of the baby. After birth, it has no function and it is seen usually and normally on echocardiography. So it is normal for you too.

Problem was if there was a giant eustachian valve that may have been dividing the right atrium into two chambers inferiorly due to rigid overgrowth of the eustachian valve. Another abnormality (you do not have) related here is cor triatriatum dexter and needs cardiac surgery to correct it. You are safe.

Final Impression:-

Normal Echocardiography report.

|