Q. Are my moles normal or suggestive of any disease?

Dr. Kakkar

I have two moles that seem kind of weird. One is a small mole and the other one is like a wart but very small. Even though they are small, I am always thinking the worst, so probably I am overreacting. Can you help me find out if it looks bad or not?

#

The moles look pretty benign to me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). One is a flat one whereas the other one is raised. The flat one is usually a junctional nervous (superficial nevus) whereas the raised one is usually a compound nevus (has both epidermal and dermal component). Both are well defined, uniformly colored, symmetrical and small in size and look pretty benign. Take care.

So, as long as moles in my body look symmetrical, well defined, and of the same color, everything should be fine?

#

Yes, absolutely. All that you said and in addition, no change in the morphology of nevi over the years. All of them point towards benign nevi. Take care.

|