Q. New moles are appearing in my palms. Is it melanoma?

Dr. Kakkar

I am a 24-year-old male. For the last six years, new black moles have been appearing in my palms. It is not creating issues like itching, pain, etc. I just want to know whether it a symptom of melanoma.

#

I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to prevent patient identity).

These are benign nevi - acquired melanocytic nevi (AMNs). They are not a sign of melanoma. AMNs may increase in number during the first three decades and it is a normal phenomenon.

Generally, people who have a higher sun exposure over the years have higher numbers of AMNs.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|