Q. How to find out if a mole is cancerous or not?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

There is a mole like appearance on the back of my thigh. I am worried if it is a cancerous one. Please help me.

#

I have read your query and do understand your concern.

• Please send the photo for better management. Also, mention since when it is present?
  • Please mention whether it has changed the shape or size. If yes, what is the change?
  • Is there any symptom over this lesion?

Revert back with the photo and the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am afraid that I do not know about the history of this lesion. I remember seeing it earlier, but cannot really remember the size and appearance. I am attaching the photo. Please help me.

#

• On looking at the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I would suggest you to visit your local dermatologist to get dermatoscopic examination done.
  • Dermatoscopy is an instrument with which lesion can be viewed under high magnification.
  • Skin biopsy is a procedure in which a tiny portion of the lesion will be taken and sent for biopsy. It is a 10 minutes procedure done under local anesthesia.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|