Q. I scratched my mole and worrying now. Please help.

Published on Aug 06, 2016

I am worried about a mole. As it was itchy, I just scratched it. Now, it is sore and hard. I do not remember whether it has always been hard. Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• With your descriptions and given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you are having a mole over axilla.
  • This site is more prone for frictions due to clothing and because of this your mole so called melanocytic nevus.
  • They are considered benign melanomas and nothing actively needs to be done for them.
  • If the mole shows a sudden increase in size, differential pigmentation, bleeding, irregular borders, etc., then you may go for a skin biopsy.
  • If you want to get it removed for purely cosmetic reasons, then you may choose any of the one. Shave excision under local anesthesia by dermatologist, TCA (trichloroacetic acid) cautery, radiofrequency cautery or laser treatment.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Is there a way to prevent little moles from coming all over my body?

Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18 year old girl and I am starting to notice little moles all over my body. Nothing unusual or worrisome. My mother and grandmother are also covered in moles so I guess I should have expected it. My question is, is there a way that I can prevent them from coming in or at least s...  Read Full »

Does biopsy on a pregnant woman result in any complication?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old and 20 weeks pregnant. I got an abnormal pap result with ASC-H. I had another pap two years ago and it was normal. My doctor wants to do a colposcopy and biopsy. However, I read that it does result in complication when biopsy is performed on a pregnant woman. Can I do bi...  Read Full »

How to use a corn cap?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a corn in my right foot for the last 15 days. Initially, I applied antibiotic ointment and taken some antibiotics ointment. And, now I have applied corn cap. I want to know whether my treatment in going in the right direction. Can corn caps alone take care of corn? I have applied co...  Read Full »