Q. I scratched my mole and worrying now. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 30, 2020

I am worried about a mole. As it was itchy, I just scratched it. Now, it is sore and hard. I do not remember whether it has always been hard. Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• With your descriptions and given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you are having a mole over axilla.
  • This site is more prone for frictions due to clothing and because of this your mole so called melanocytic nevus.
  • They are considered benign melanomas and nothing actively needs to be done for them.
  • If the mole shows a sudden increase in size, differential pigmentation, bleeding, irregular borders, etc., then you may go for a skin biopsy.
  • If you want to get it removed for purely cosmetic reasons, then you may choose any of the one. Shave excision under local anesthesia by dermatologist, TCA (trichloroacetic acid) cautery, radiofrequency cautery or laser treatment.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|