Q. The mole on nose is increasing in size. Please help.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 22, 2020

I had a new mole on my nose 5 years back. I obviously never liked it. Initially, it was normal unnoticeably raised black mole. Over time I tried to remove it many times and I think each time I tried to remove it off using my nails it got more bigger. Now it is nearly 2.5 time wider and raised. Around 1.5 mm diameter with well defined sharp boundary. Sometimes when I press it extremely hard it feels like someone is pressing with nails.

I have had very bad acne for 10 years and it had also caused raised scars. Some of which are still healing. Please tell me should I be concerned? Or is it a normal mole? I am 23 years old.

#

1. From your history, it looks like the mole you are having has gotten bigger in size by your self-manipulation and trigger.

2. You can meet a dermatologist where he or she will observe the mole under dermoscope, to see the microscopic details of it, to confirm a diagnosis . If there is a history of any forms of cancers/ skin cancers in the family, please do consult immediately.

3. Or else you can check for the warning signs - Further increase in size (without manipulating it), any change of color, any bleeding from the mole, any pain/ tenderness on touch, change in the borders, irregular surface, change in color of the surrounding skin.

4. If the presence of it is too much worrisome for you, you can remove it with the help of a dermatologist and send for biopsy of the lesion. For your acne, please do not pick you acne, as it can lead to deeper and stubborn scars.

Dermoscopy examination.

Do not manipulate of try to remove the mole by home by your self.
Stop picking of the acne to prevent development of scars.

Follow up if any more queries about the same.

|