Q. What do you think about the moles on my back?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 17, 2020

I have some moles on my back and that in my opinion look suspicious. What do you think? Please clarify.

#

Please send the photographs to get a better opinion. Thank you.

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Here they are. As I said I have had them checked annually in the past, but it may have been 1.5 years since my last. The doctor monitored them with the mole cancer system for lack of better definition for two years, but never felt the concern for biopsy.

#

• Is there any change from the previous one? Do you notice anything in specific?
  • As the image is blurred on zooming, I unable to identify the exact features like margin, elevation, asymmetry and colors (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Since it is my back, I am not sure if there has been much change. I have the most concern over the two that are near my spine, are larger and discolored. The lower one may be getting irritated by my dress strap?

#

• Yes, those which you have mentioned caught my eyes at the first look.
  • There are three features, which is raising my suspicion are asymmetrical, indistinct borders and color difference.
  • So, I think you should go for dermoscopic examination. Around 3 out of 7 features are enough to refer to a dermatologist for dermoscopic examination. If the fourth feature that is elevation is also present, then you must go for histopathological examination.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|