Q. Does my MRI report show signs of Huntington's disease?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Looking to get an evaluation of brain MRI. Sensory overstimulation, suspecting temporal lobe epilepsy. Why is gray matter volume so high and white matter volume so low (atrophy reports)? Why are nucleus accumbens and caudate volume so low? Are there any signs of Huntington's disease? Are there any signs of hippocampal sclerosis? Are there any other issues that stand out or seem abnormal? I am currently taking Depakote ER, 2,000 mg per day. Kindly advice.

#

For evaluation of juvenile Huntington's disease, the ratio of frontal horn width or inter caudate distance is 2.52 (normal 2.2 to 2.6). The ratio of inter caudate distance or inner table width is 0.11 (normal 0.09 to 0.12). Therefore you do not have features of Huntington's disease.

The asymmetry in nucleus accumbens and the left nucleus accumbens being smaller in size can be due to changes in the dopamine system. And it is related to neurobiochemistry factors. The grey matter percentile is on the higher side for you, and this area is still under research to assess the changes in brain grey-white matter and neurodegenerative changes.

There are no apparent features of mesial temporal sclerosis and hippocampus atrophy changes.

|