Mri Tmj

I feel an irritation of the nerve over the left temple. Is it a neurological or dental problem?

Query: Hello doctor, From the past three months, I am having pain like irritation of the nerve on the left side exactly on the temple of the head, and in the left jaw in front of the ear. This pain radiates to the back of the ear, below the left jaw, and then radiates to the left side of the neck. The pain...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such radiating pain can be caused by exposed nerves, infection of the tooth or gum, TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder, or nerve compression by the wisdom tooth. The pain is still persisting due to surrounding inflammation after removal of the tooth. Infection can be...  Read Full »

I always have a dull unilateral headache. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago, I had headache in late night. I managed to sleep, but it was still there in the morning. It was unilateral headache on the left side of my head. Pain is in my temporal area which sometimes radiates across my cheek and even down my jaw, as well as on the top left of my...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My main concern here would be trigeminal cephalgia, the most common being trigeminal neuralgia. Trigeminal neuralgia is a sharp shooting unilateral headache that becomes extremely worse with nerve irritation that could be caused by shaving, brushing (hair or teeth...  Read Full »

What causes left-sided headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a left-sided unilateral headache for the last four weeks. The pain varies in place, but it is always centered on my left temporal area. Pain can be on the top of my head, cheek, side of jaw and even chin at times. I have also had momentary ear pain, which is a brief one second ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for such a detailed query. Let us break down your symptoms one by one: Regarding left sided temporal headache, broadly it is a little unlikely for a benign tension headache to be unilateral: mostly it is bilateral and band like. My big differential would be ...  Read Full »

Does the MRI of my head show any TMJ problem?

Query: Hello doctor, It has been a long tiring search to find out what is wrong with me and I want to get a second opinion on the MRI of my head. The main symptoms I am having for three months are a constant sore throat, right ear feels clogged, ringing in ears at times, eyes are red all the time and sting...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Can you please send me CT of paranasal sinuses, facial bones, inner ear, and neck. Have you ever consulted an ENT specialist before? You need to do a diagnostic endoscopic study of nose, thr...  Read Full »