Q. I had an MRI and what does the white line on C4 and T1 indicate?

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 22, 2019

I have neck and shoulder pain after a car accident. I had an MRI scan done and would like to know what the white lines on the C4 and T1 of the vertebra are and if I have any damages in my neck?

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgery Neurology
#

I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The scan seems to be normal to me except for mild kyphosis of the cervical spine. This could be due to ligament injury or due to muscular spasm. I suggest we do dynamic flexion and extension X-rays of the cervical spine after a month of the damage. In the meantime, one should take care that one Sishir put excess pressure on the neck in the form of carrying heavyweights in hands or bending forward. The pain is most likely related to muscular spam and should subside in two to four weeks.

| 

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »

What would be a good workout routine for me based on my health limitations?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 52 year old male, very fit. I have rounded shoulders with slight thoracic kyphosis and sit at the desk often but do shoulder, neck, back stretching exercises regularly to combat this. I think that the main problem is coming from weakness in my thoracic spine, causing me to use ar...  Read Full »

MRI of which body parts will best reveal spondyloarthropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male and I was diagnosed with spondyloarthropathy seven years back. I am taking only Sulfasalazine tablets daily. Currently, I do not have any pain or stiffness. My HLA-B27 report is negative. Now, if I do the following MRIs, how much chances are there...  Read Full »