Q. I had an MRI and what does the white line on C4 and T1 indicate?

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have neck and shoulder pain after a car accident. I had an MRI scan done and would like to know what the white lines on the C4 and T1 of the vertebra are and if I have any damages in my neck?

Do you have a question on Mri or Kyphosis?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

MBBS., MCH., FELLOWSHIP, SKULLBASE SURGERY., FELLOWSHIP, NEUROINTERENTIONAL SURGERY
Neuro Surgery Neurology

I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The scan seems to be normal to me except for mild kyphosis of the cervical spine. This could be due to ligament injury or due to muscular spasm. I suggest we do dynamic flexion and extension X-rays of the cervical spine after a month of the damage. In the meantime, one should take care that one Sishir put excess pressure on the neck in the form of carrying heavyweights in hands or bending forward. The pain is most likely related to muscular spam and should subside in two to four weeks.

Also Read Answers From: Mri Kyphosis

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?
Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With this report, there is a possibility of malignancy. Cancer of the uterus is more likely. Do CA 125 level, CT scan abdomen and pelvis, X-ray, sonography, PET scan and consult a gynecologist near you and also take an opinion from an oncosurgeon. Doctors will do o...  Read Full »

What would be a good workout routine for me based on my health limitations?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 52 year old male, very fit. I have rounded shoulders with slight thoracic kyphosis and sit at the desk often but do shoulder, neck, back stretching exercises regularly to combat this. I think that the main problem is coming from weakness in my thoracic spine, causing me to use ar...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, your posture is the main culprit more than strength and weakness of your thoracic musculature. I wanted to know about your low back posture and pelvic tilt. With your narration, I presume you have weakness in the gluteus muscles w...  Read Full »

MRI of which body parts will best reveal spondyloarthropathy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male and I was diagnosed with spondyloarthropathy seven years back. I am taking only Sulfasalazine tablets daily. Currently, I do not have any pain or stiffness. My HLA-B27 report is negative. Now, if I do the following MRIs, how much chances are there...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am unable to find the attachment. It is good to know that you are doing well on Sulfasalazine only. But if you are doing well and have no symptoms with normal blood tests, I will not recommend MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) to be repeated. The MRI is only ...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now