Q. What does hyperintense focus subcortical white matter of right frontal lobe in MRI mean?

MRI results say small hyperintense focus subcortical white matter of right frontal lobe is seen, right parasagittal in position, this measures no more than 3 mm and is found in isolation. A gliotic focus is favored. I have an appointment with a neurologist but in three months. Please help me understand what this means and what are the possible diagnoses.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

See this report needs clinical co-relation (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, I would need to know that for what basic symptoms were this MRI performed?

| 

Left eye is sticking sometimes. Not moving. Then moves again. Headaches on and off. That is why the MRI was done.

#

So your symptoms favor the MRI report. It looks you have gliosis. This is a non-specific change in response to inflammation. As such gliosis does not require specific treatment but only symptomatic medications for migraine and epilepsy like Topiramate are added. Also, important here is to rule out any multiple sclerosis, that would require MRI spine. I personally recommend yearly follow up MRI to check for the size.

|