Q. What is GeneXpert test?

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Is there any MDR-TB test for formalin based tissue? I had biopsy, but they dipped it in formalin. Now I asked for another biopsy for GeneXpert test. What to do?

#

• The GeneXpert test is a molecular test which detects the DNA in TB bacteria (tuberculosis).
  • Formalin treated tissue might have TB bacteria which are dead and do not have viable DNA material. Therefore, repeat biopsy has been suggested.

For further information consult a pathologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pathologist

|