Muscle Relaxant

Can Nucoxia be taken for a long period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old male. I have been diagnosed with mechanical low back pain and SI joint pain. My doctor has advised me to take Nucoxia 60 once daily for three months. Is it safe to take Nucoxia an anti-inflammatory medicine for such a long period of three months? Doctor has not prescri...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have been diagnosed as a case of mechanical back pain. Since your question is specific for Nucoxia, I can tell you that Etoricoxib is actually a COX-2 inhibitor which is definitely safer than conventional NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

Why are my feet tingly?

Query: Hello doctor, Since 19 months, I have had severe problems with tingling in my feet. This started one week after a 27 km run, where I suddenly got pain in my feet and had to stop. The pain went away, but the tingling started in my left foot one week later. At first, some intermittent buzzing in the o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If NCV (nerve conduction velocity) and EMG (electromyography) had been normal, there is possibility can be: Muscle fatigue. Ligament or soft tissue injury pain. Mild neuropraxia due to some soft tissue injury, which is not evident in NCV. Radiculopathy. I would like to...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with pneumonia and having back pain even after having muscle relaxants. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with pneumonia a few days ago, and I am on antibiotics and a muscle relaxant to help with my pains. My back is feeling the worst compared to everything else, and even when I am taking the muscle relaxants, it does not seem to help my left mid back fully. Could this be ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple causes of chest pain at that site. It can arise from lungs, muscle, or bone. The cardiac reason is unlikely. I need to know details of your symptoms like since when you have this pain, other symptoms, any prior illness, you can also upload your blo...  Read Full »

I get tinnitus with breathing difficulty and anxiety. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, About two years ago, I was playing a video game while wearing a headset with fairly loud burst sounds from time to time, and I noticed a small hissing sound was present in my ears or head when I was getting off my PC. I have always used headsets for long hours before this occurred. Ever ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Exposure to loud sounds creates pressure over your nerve of hearing and can evoke tinnitus. Hence, I advise you to use minimal sound during games. The pain in and around your ears is due to excessive usage of headset around your ears. For your nasal obstruction, you sho...  Read Full »

How to have a good recovery from back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My weight is 89 kilograms, and my height is 177 cm. I suffer from severe back pain. When I was at a soccer camp at the age of 14, I used to have a very stiff back. Now, I have severe pain in my back, and I am unable to stand and walk. I did an MRI, and the report showe...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I agree with your doctor on the fact that the disc protrusion and degeneration does not cause pain in this region. In my opinion, the back pain could be related to a twisted or strained back muscle during the physical activity that you have performed. Ozone laser inject...  Read Full »

How to treat my upper back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, While sitting on a sofa, I was completely relaxed, and my body was lying unbalanced against it. Suddenly, I felt some pain that started in the upper back area. But it did not disappear even after I got up and did a lot of body straightening and stretching. It was minor. Particularly in ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like an acute muscular pain. In such situations, I recommend following these steps: A muscle relaxant like tablet Flexura D (Diclofenac and Metaxalone) twice daily for three days. Hot fomentation. Volini gel (Diclofenac) for local application. Bed rest. ...  Read Full »

I have been having chest discomfort. What could it be?

Query: Hi, I am a 31year old male. I was recently diagnosed with minor gastritis after EGD. I was having stomach problems but have recovered at present. Last two weeks I have been having some chest discomfort. ECG and other tests show normal heart function. Since two days, the chest sensations are more p...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have mentioned that ECG and other tests came out to be normal, it is not associated with any cardiac abnormality. As you have a history of gastritis confirmed through EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy), there is more possibility of association with acid reflu...  Read Full »

What is the possible treatment for back pain followed by lifting heavy weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I was sitting half bent while washing the clothes. There were few buckets full of water one over the other. I got my back hurt when I tried to bring one of the buckets down. My body has tilted a bit towards left. I am unable to move and walk. It is paining a lot. Usually after work I do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Actually, you are very young to have persistent back pain and this episode appears to be an acute exaggeration of this pain. Cause of back pain can be due to a muscle strain or a small herniation of an intervertebral disc followed by lifting heavy weight. If you have loca...  Read Full »

Is it true that there is no cure for functional dyspepsia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male, I have a constant and mild abdominal pain whole day, especially in the morning. I feel heavy all day long, but still, have an urge to eat. I fart and belch more than usual and have a foul smell. I have a sense of indigestion in my stomach all day long. I defecate...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you are not sick, and you do not have any disease. Your symptoms are because of your disturbed gastrointestinal flora, and our intestine contains a lot of bacteria, some of them are good, and some of them are bad. Good bacteria like lactobacillus helps in proper...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for constant back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I am suffering from mid back pain since two days. I did not take any medicine but applied Moov and Zandu balm. But, there is no relief. The pain remains the same all through the day and night. I neither had an injury nor lifted any heavy objects. I had no surge...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, you are very young to have persistent back pain. There are many causes of pain in lower back region. It can be due to faulty posture, related to weak muscles, issues with intervertebral disc, narrowing of spinal canal, any bony instability besides many other, s...  Read Full »