Common "Muscle Relaxant" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Muscle Relaxant

Muscle relaxants are usually referred to as skeletal muscle relaxants. They act directly through the central nervous system and reduces the spasm of the muscles. They are used to reduce soreness and pain caused due to sprains and muscle injury. Baclofen and Tizanidine are commonly used muscle relaxants to treat muscle spasms.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is Mephentermine safe for energy boost during bodybuilding?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a fitness freak is training to compete at a state level body building competition this year. He is training alongside some local bodybuilder. My concern is, I have seen recently that his physique is really good, but he has some dark spots on his veins on both the arms. H...  Read Full »

Dr. Rathod Rahul Narayanrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Termin (Mephentermine) injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts): propyl paraben - 0.02 % W/V, methyl paraben - 0.18 % W/V, and mephentermine - 15 mg. It is a muscle relaxing agent which increases the stamina but has lots of side effects. I sug...  Read Full »

I have a sharp pain in my back. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. I usually feel healthy after picking up a large box. Before a week, I got a sharp pain in the middle of my waist at the back. Then I was not able to bend, and I had very limited moving. I went to a chiropractor. He told me that I need to do 25 to 30 sessions of decompre...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to As long as you do not have any leg pain (electric or shooting type) or associated numbness you can do this without the intensive chiropractor sessions. Take muscle relaxants, ice the muscles which are in spasm, take painkillers like Tramadol for severe pain, and Paracet...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with pneumonia and having back pain even after having muscle relaxants. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with pneumonia a few days ago, and I am on antibiotics and a muscle relaxant to help with my pains. My back is feeling the worst compared to everything else, and even when I am taking the muscle relaxants, it does not seem to help my left mid back fully. Could this be ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to There are multiple causes of chest pain at that site. It can arise from lungs, muscle, or bone. The cardiac reason is unlikely. I need to know details of your symptoms like since when you have this pain, other symptoms, any prior illness, you can also upload your blo...  Read Full »

I have pain in my shoulder, arm, breast, and neck. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, Since last few days, I am having left sided pain in the shoulder, upper arm, the front area near the shoulder, breast, both outer sides of the neck and collarbone area. Sometimes, it pains on the back side as well. I can feel the pain when I press the body part where the pain originat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Firstly, it is not at all related to the heart. Cardiac pain usually increases on exertion and relieves with rest. It will never increase on pressing or arm movement. You do not need to repeat any test. Coming to possibilities, psychosomatic is certainly a possib...  Read Full »

I have vague pains in my middle back. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26-year-old. I am working in a bank for the last year. I am having back pain on the right side thoracic region while sleeping on my back or sitting for the last six months. I have antral gastritis. I have done an MRI of the thorax which came normal. Ultrasonography of the whole a...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your history. Vague pains in the thoracic region with normal radiological investigation can be due to posture or myofascial trigger points. Kindly answer the following questions for better evaluation of your condition. Pain is in diffuse area or...  Read Full »

I suffer from upper back pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from lower back pain for the past five months. After going through physiotherapy and other exercises, I feel better. Now, I have developed upper back and shoulder pain too. I think it is because of the exercise I did before. I have attached my MRI of lower back, C-spine...  Read Full »

Dr. Berry Chirag Ashok

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From your query what I understand is that you have lower back pain that is well controlled with physiotherapy exercises, but have recently developed upper back and right shoulder pain which you think may have been brought upon by some of the exercises. Let us discuss y...  Read Full »

Can intake of SARM supplement cause back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 60-year-old male in good condition. I am not taking any medication. There are ongoing painful back muscle aches apparently for months. I used SARM for workouts. I had poor hydration habits, with too much caffeine and not taking enough water. I stopped taking the SARM supplement one...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It may or may not be directly related to SARM (selective androgen receptor modulator) use. Backache is a prevalent problem in this age group, and your BMI (body mass index) is 39 (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which predisposes you to spine problems l...  Read Full »

I have had uncomfortable vibrations in my legs. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing these really uncomfortable leg sensations that feel like vibrations are running throughout my legs and have not been successful in finding a treatment for it. When I was in the hospital I was given muscle relaxants which gave me short-term relief. I am wonderi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I suggest you get physically examined and investigated to rule out any medical conditions and treat them accordingly. Avoid stress, strain, exertion, rigorous exercise, and lifting heavy weights. Get tests like hemogram, blood sugar, BP (blood pressure), ultrasound abd...  Read Full »

I have been experiencing continuous backache for two decades, and it is not settling. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Backache is causing a lot of discomforts. I am a 58-year-old, and this backache never seems to subside. It has been there for almost ten years. I have maintained my weight at 65 kilograms for the past two decades. I am 5' 5 feet. My work demands me to stand a lot. Due to this, I deve...  Read Full »

Dr. Pandian. P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your problem seems to be a low backache due to a lumbar spine problem. Kindly get a computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan done. You will need analgesics, muscle relaxants, and mild steroids for one month. The steroids dose must be tap...  Read Full »

I have had persistent back pain for two days. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I am suffering from mid back pain since two days. I did not take any medicine but applied Moov and Zandu balm. But, there is no relief. The pain remains the same all through the day and night. I neither had an injury nor lifted any heavy objects. I had no surge...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Actually, you are very young to have persistent back pain. There are many causes of pain in lower back region. It can be due to faulty posture, related to weak muscles, issues with intervertebral disc, narrowing of spinal canal, any bony instability besides many other, s...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.