Muscle Relaxant

Please suggest medicines for pain near the spine and shoulder.

Query: Hello doctor, Actually my grandmother (66) is suffering from seviour back pain near spine and shoulder pain since 2 days...she used pain killer but no relief . So please guide us with your medication. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Thanks for query. Want to know regarding history of trama? Pain located to back only or radiate to legs also? Any history of tingling and numbness? Don't worry everything will be fine ,your grand mother will be alright and fine after medication and treatment.  Read Full »

What can be done for my mom's back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My 62 year old mother has been experiencing lower back pain for the last two to three days. She did some heavy work in the kitchen a few days ago and developed these symptoms. She has been taking one or two Crocin a day and using a hot bath, but that does not help much. Please suggest a s...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. Your mother seems to be suffering from either muscular back pain or prolapsed intervertebral disc compression. I would advise you to get an MRI lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, then you would be treated acco...  Read Full »

Why do I lower back pain and unable to put pressure on my legs to walk?

Query: Lower back pain unable to put pressure on legs to walk. 3 weeks ago I was lifting my dog into the car. I got a sharp pain in my lower back..went away in about two days. Today I was lifting my two year old into an inflatable tube, While setting her down I had the same pain but on the mid right side o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, You need to be examined to determine if this is a back strain or a sciatica from a pinched nerve. Is there any numbness in the leg, does the leg feel weak apart from the pain you feel while trying to walk, can you control your bladder well ,does the pain worsen upon straining ? If the answer ...  Read Full »

What causes calf pain after taking a long walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I walked for around 10 km two days back. I am not a habitual walker. I felt cramp twice in my right leg during first 3 km and after stretching it was better. Then I consumed fair amount of water. But, after 24 hours I got severe pain in calf muscles and there is slight swelling. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having fatigued muscle due to over exercise by an unaccustomed muscle. You can take muscle relaxant with anti-inflammatory and also apply some analgesic gel to the calf muscle. Heat and massage therapy will help in early resolution of symptoms. You should only...  Read Full »

I have pain that radiates from my back to the thigh. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am takin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptom profile with long duration of pain unsettled after muscle relaxant points towards disc herniation as a probable etiology. You need to visit an orthopedic surgeon for neurological examination to look for signs of neurological impairment and get an MRI sc...  Read Full »

Can Nucoxia be taken for a long period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old male. I have been diagnosed with mechanical low back pain and SI joint pain. My doctor has advised me to take Nucoxia 60 once daily for three months. Is it safe to take Nucoxia an anti-inflammatory medicine for such a long period of three months? Doctor has not prescri...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have been diagnosed as a case of mechanical back pain. Since your question is specific for Nucoxia, I can tell you that Etoricoxib is actually a COX-2 inhibitor which is definitely safer than conventional NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

Why are my feet tingly?

Query: Hello doctor, Since 19 months, I have had severe problems with tingling in my feet. This started one week after a 27 km run, where I suddenly got pain in my feet and had to stop. The pain went away, but the tingling started in my left foot one week later. At first, some intermittent buzzing in the o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If NCV (nerve conduction velocity) and EMG (electromyography) had been normal, there is possibility can be: Muscle fatigue. Ligament or soft tissue injury pain. Mild neuropraxia due to some soft tissue injury, which is not evident in NCV. Radiculopathy. I would like to...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with pneumonia and having back pain even after having muscle relaxants. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with pneumonia a few days ago, and I am on antibiotics and a muscle relaxant to help with my pains. My back is feeling the worst compared to everything else, and even when I am taking the muscle relaxants, it does not seem to help my left mid back fully. Could this be ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple causes of chest pain at that site. It can arise from lungs, muscle, or bone. The cardiac reason is unlikely. I need to know details of your symptoms like since when you have this pain, other symptoms, any prior illness, you can also upload your blo...  Read Full »

I get tinnitus with breathing difficulty and anxiety. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, About two years ago, I was playing a video game while wearing a headset with fairly loud burst sounds from time to time, and I noticed a small hissing sound was present in my ears or head when I was getting off my PC. I have always used headsets for long hours before this occurred. Ever ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Exposure to loud sounds creates pressure over your nerve of hearing and can evoke tinnitus. Hence, I advise you to use minimal sound during games. The pain in and around your ears is due to excessive usage of headset around your ears. For your nasal obstruction, you sho...  Read Full »

How to have a good recovery from back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My weight is 89 kilograms, and my height is 177 cm. I suffer from severe back pain. When I was at a soccer camp at the age of 14, I used to have a very stiff back. Now, I have severe pain in my back, and I am unable to stand and walk. I did an MRI, and the report showe...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I agree with your doctor on the fact that the disc protrusion and degeneration does not cause pain in this region. In my opinion, the back pain could be related to a twisted or strained back muscle during the physical activity that you have performed. Ozone laser inject...  Read Full »