Q. My friend takes a drug to boost his energy while body building. Is it safe?

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My friend, who is a fitness freak is training to compete at a state level body building competition this year. He is training alongside some local bodybuilder. My concern is, I have seen recently that his physique is really good, but he has some dark spots on his veins on both the arms. His mother was concerned too as she found some injections in his bag. Upon forcing him, I got to know that he takes Termin for boosting his energy during workouts. I got some vague and random information on the web. Could you please let me know what exactly it does to one's body and how to remove this completely from his body?

#

• Termin (Mephentermine) injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts): propyl paraben - 0.02 % W/V, methyl paraben - 0.18 % W/V, and mephentermine - 15 mg.
  • It is a muscle relaxing agent which increases the stamina but has lots of side effects. I suggest he stops it soon or it can create a lot of problems in the future such as deep vein thrombosis, stroke, bleeds, etc.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thanks for this information. What immediate medical attention has to be given to him to get rid of the chemicals from his body?

#

• You can stop it soon. No withdrawal symptoms will develop with it. He might just have mood swings for a few days.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thanks a lot for your response.

#

You are most welcome.

|