Muscle Spasm

Is persistent eye twitching a worrying concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. I have small fiber neuropathy (unknown cause), muscle weakness, and frequent muscle spasms. The only test that came back abnormal was the VGKC-AB test. My left eye has been continuously twitching nonstop for the past few days. It does not hurt but is driving...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to vitamin D deficiency or vitamin B12 deficiency. For this reason, I would recommend rechecking these vitamin levels. In the meantime, I would recommend taking Gabapent...  Read Full »

Do stiffness, muscle spasm, tingling and numbness indicate MS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. My symptoms are stiffness, heaviness, and hard to move. I feel like I am wearing a concrete suit when I am having issues. It is awful, and I have to use a walker, and sometimes that is not even enough. I feel extreme fatigue while walking, and it looked like I am dr...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I will be responding based on the described symptoms and your MRI report (with no other details) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The first impression is that the described symptoms are not very clearly suggestive of multiple sclerosi...  Read Full »

Will decreased calcium levels cause muscle pain and weakness in the body?

Query: I have two questions? I have heital hernia, i was taking Rabeprazole for about an year. Now i have weekness and muscle pain. (6minths now) Sometimes i feel imbalance and dissy. 1st question is will it be an issue with my calcium level? What should o do to fix this issue? 2nd question - i am now ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq Thank you for writing and I understand your concern. 1) Yes sir if you have low levels of calcium then weakness and muscle pain can be associated with calcium but if you have tested your calcium and it’s normal then reason for your weakness can be others such as viral ...  Read Full »

Why do I get right lower abdominal pain only while sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. I think I have appendicitis. Last month, I got a slight pain in my right lower abdomen. I do not have pain when I sleep. But, I only feel slight pain while sitting and doing work. What should I do? Is this appendicitis? Is there any tablet or medicine for this? Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from light pain in the right lower abdomen for the last month. Lower abdominal pain may arise from various reasons such as abdominal muscle strains or sprains due to long time sitting, ...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my middle back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been doing regular exercise like morning walk for about 50 minutes and pranayama, yoga for another 50 minutes. Presently I am experiencing sharp pain in the middle of the back (and little on the left side) for more than 20 days. When I try to identify the pain's exact area by t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and found that there are two possibilities. 1. Soft tissue inflammation like muscle spasm, fibromyositis, or maybe a postural back pain. 2. Disc prolapse causing reduction of disc space and nerve compression. The good thing is ...  Read Full »

Can ALS present without weakness and muscle loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried I have ALS. I had foot pain on both feet, maybe two years ago for months. Then I started having abdominal pain or spasms a year and a half ago. I noticed when my stomach hurt, my calf (right mainly) would have spasm and felt tight. I went to the ER, thinking I had a blood...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have calf muscle spasm and twitches all over the body, and you do not have weakness, loss of muscle mass and the duration of illness is around one year. Please tell me, when do you feel spasm mostly daytime or nocturnal or early in the morning? How long it conti...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for muscle spasm in shoulders, headache and vision problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. About a month ago, I had a heavy bag on my right shoulder. A few days later, I noticed that the muscle started to spasm in my shoulder along with pain radiating into my head with tension headaches and at the top of my head. I have tried massages, heat, and cold therapy...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of local inflammation of occipital nerve. I recommend taking Indomethacin twice daily for a week. I do not think that the troubles with vision are related to shoulder pain, but the psychological stress could explain them. Regarding the ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for pain near the spine and shoulder.

Query: Hello doctor, Actually my grandmother (66) is suffering from seviour back pain near spine and shoulder pain since 2 days...she used pain killer but no relief . So please guide us with your medication. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Thanks for query. Want to know regarding history of trama? Pain located to back only or radiate to legs also? Any history of tingling and numbness? Don't worry everything will be fine ,your grand mother will be alright and fine after medication and treatment.  Read Full »

Are muscle spasm, fibromyalgia, and body imbalance signs of lupus disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have muscle spasms, headaches, severe fibromyalgia, burning, and stabbing sensation throughout my whole body with imbalance problems. I had these problems for several years. Few years back, I had whiplash. Rheumatologist is checking for possible signs of lupus and other illnesses an...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your problem is muscle spasms, headache, severe fibromyalgia, burning, and stabbing sensation throughout the whole body with balance problems. According to your investigation report (attachment removed to prot...  Read Full »

Will right-sided neck pain along with tingling sensation or weakness lead to loss of bowel control?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. Last night, I had right side neck pain followed by tingling in the right leg and weakness. The situation got worse, as my whole body was weakened and jaw pain. Next morning I got up, I was feeling little better from the last night, but still I have some neck pain, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to know regarding history of weight lifting, any jerk or trauma? From your history, it is most likely due to muscle spasm.  Read Full »