Muscle Spasm

I have body pain and muscle weakness after delivery. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Pain started in my back after 2 months of delivery but now it is all over the body majorly at right side. Currently, having depression medication for the past six months and my doctor adviced me to consult a neurologist as physical pain and muscle weakness is not going away.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and reviewed your X-ray report. Your X-ray shows a normal vertebral column, just muscle spasm (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Coming to this point, I would recommend performing regular physical activity to help reinf...  Read Full »

Can laparoscopic gallbladder surgery result in radiating shoulder pain?

Query: I had laparoscopic surgery 1 week in a half ago and also hd an ercp done for a stone stuck in the duct. Ok a week goes by I had some stomach pain, bloating, and diarrhea, but most of that is gone now, This morning I wake up and had one of the most excrusiating pain in my shoulder that radiates into ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: hello I will definitely help you regarding your query Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery with ercp with or without stenting usually clear all the stones in duct. it has very low complication rate. however if complication arises it will be there within 24 to 48 hr after the procedure. it includes pain...  Read Full »

How long does cheeks muscle spasm, a side effect of Paroxetine, last?

Query: When I started paroxetine(paxil) 20 mg for GAD, I had three side effects, two of which were common, difficulty sleeping and a lack of appetite. The two were manageable. As for the third, which was a mild muscle spasms in my cheeks. Feeling like muscle cheeks are sometimes tight then relaxes. This s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Although your spasms should not have persisted this long, i suggest you to consult your psychiatrist if any other alternative of paroxetine is possible in your case.. In case, you dont want to change paroxetine, you can try calcium supplements for few months as sometimes spasms may improve af...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for intense headache after lying in stomach for a while?

Query: Hi doctor, I was lying on my stomach for about 20 minutes. When I moved to a seated position, I get the most intense painful headache of my life. It was in both my temples and lasted about a minute. Should I worry it is a brain aneurysm?  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This pain seems to be due to vasospasm, unlikely to be aneurysmal bleed pain, if it was aneurysm it should have continued for a long duration. I have another set of questions, please answer them. Is this first ever headache of this kind? Was there nausea, vomiting, and...  Read Full »

Why do I feel dizzy and numb after getting up from sleep for two days?

Query: Hi Doctor, I feel head numbness lightly or i can say its dizzyness like thing, since two days, but its not bothering me all the time, but it is kind of numbness I am feeling when after getting up from sleeping or sitting position as I do work from home most of the time. Note: I have dandruff prob...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi ,welcome to icliniq, I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern, As you have mentioned that you are working from home ,you might be using your laptop or computer excessively or continuously for a long time.In my opinion your symptoms like dizziness and numbness over he...  Read Full »

Is stabbing chest pain during cough signifies cardiac issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a cough since the start this month, but it was just a dry cough. It has got severe when the quarantine started and I could not schedule anymore consultation. I had taken mucolytic which gave me severe coughing but it released a lot of phlegm yellow or greenish color. I tried ca...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most probable cause for the chest pain, in the setting of the problems described by you, is due to muscle spasm on account of indiscriminate coughing when the infection was present. Now the phlegm is less, signifying decreased infection or healing. What you need...  Read Full »

What does muscle soreness with positive ANA indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had some muscular soreness for about one and a half years. I have no other symptoms. Normal hematology, CBC bloodwork always comes out fine. The only thing in the last bloodwork is I had ANA positive with 1:160 homogenous and the DNA (ds) ABS came out as 11 which said it was po...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mildly positive antinuclear antibody titer which suggests auto immune disease and Anti-dsDNA (double-stranded DNA) which is slightly above the normal range suggests that you might have SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) but there are 11 other criterias out of...  Read Full »

Why do I have fluctuating sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few problems with my body. Since last year I was under work pressure. I could see my blood sugar gone up to 289 mg/dL on post prandial (PP) last month and reduced to 175 on PP and 109 on fasting last week. In the meantime, for the past two weeks, I suffer from fissure. I am a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I have checked all the attached reports thoroughly (attachments removed to protect patient identity), and here are my notes: 1. Repeated high post prandial sugar above 200 means that you are diabetic and need to start therapy. Do you hav...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for occasional spasms above the lips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a muscle spasm above my lip on the left side. It is a rapid vibration that I can see when I look in the mirror and feel when I touch the affected area. I do not experience any pain when the spasms are happening and I can still talk, smile, and otherwise move m...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the issue. It is basically the facial muscle spasm that you have. In the classical pattern, it involves larger areas of the face and not smaller area or single muscle. The cause for it can be mild compression (more of irritation than compression) over t...  Read Full »

Can a chiropractor help with muscle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with a car accident three weeks ago. I was injured and had trauma to the chest wall muscles. My chest muscles went into spasm periodically, but has subsided somewhat. My right side lower chest is the only area still hurting. After rest for a long period or sleep, when I activate th...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, chiropractic service will be helpful. Please make sure that there is no fracture in the spine. I assume that it is negative on the CT of the spine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Muscle spasm that you are complaining of is protective, but at the ...  Read Full »