Muscle Spasm

Why is my sister having pain in head?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly go through the MRI report of my sister. She is experiencing pain in head. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is of the cervical spine. She has a disc bulge in the cervical spine due to which there will be pain in the neck and the upper limbs. Pain in the upper limbs may or may not be associated with tingli...  Read Full »

Is there any belt that can help lumbago?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old and working in the army. I have acute lumbago. The day before yesterday, I had a sudden jerk while playing and continued getting extremely painful spasms that night. I was given covering injections, and the spasms subsided. The pain is still there, and I want to get rid o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is usually no belt that will help for lumbago (low back pain) unless you are having painful spasms as that will limit movements. So, if your spasms have stopped, then no need for a belt. I suggest you take regular NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory d...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling spasms on face with jaw pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I was feeling spasms on my face especially the cheek and the muscles surrounding the lips. My jaws were paining. I was unable to chew food either. I have always had this habit of grinding teeth. I think I should stop that now. Even now that feeling is there but it is not as profound a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial spasm most common cause is facial nerve irritation or nerve injury. Second can be due to tetany due to hypocalcemia. The third can be due to temporomandibular joint pain. So, we need to rule out all these causes. Kindly tell us about any recent infection that ...  Read Full »

Why does my head feel too heavy for my neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female and yet to conceive. Since 9 months I have been facing heaviness of head and stiffness of neck. Sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme and I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied with bowel movements. I feel tha...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query on this platform. Relax! You are not suffering from any life-threatening disease. Neither are you suffering from any gastrointestinal problems except occasionally which is normal and could be due to mild gastritis.¬†Cervical arthritis cannot cau...  Read Full »

I have a stiff neck, and some movements cause my neck to spasm and feel being pinched. What should be my sleeping position?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a stiff neck, and some movements cause my neck to spasm and feel like something is being pinched. Which position should I sleep in tonight?  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears like a muscle spasm. Doing hot water fermentation and gentle kneading massage should release the neck spasm and make it comfortable to lye down flat without the pillow. With the help of gravity, the stiffness will reduce in the overnight, and you should ...  Read Full »

The muscles in the left shoulder are twitching. Is it related to the heart?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. I have been drinking a bottle of wine a day for weeks and not eating healthy. Five days ago, I woke up with a pounding heart pain in my chest. I now have a wide range of symptoms with pain in my left and right arm, pain in my left shoulder, muscle spasms in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, none of the symptoms warn me of any serious heart issue. When we see the whole scenario, there are different aspects of your health that may have caused this recent accentuation of the issues. High levels of the thyroid have a direct impact on heart rate and i...  Read Full »

I have a tingling sensation in my muscle. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few months, I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on a specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This tingling sensation can be due to transient nerve compression. This nerve compression can be due to a muscle spasm or due to abnormalities in the thoracic spine. You should improve your posture and avoid sitting for long hours. Avoid bending your back to lift he...  Read Full »

Why is there a twitch or spasm in the upper left chest?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an unusual strange feeling system. There is a twitch or spasm in the upper left chest where the heart is. It has been twitching constantly on and off all day. I have not been sleeping well for the last 3 to 4 days and I am on Adderall 20 mg XR and 2 x 30 mg IR daily. I am sure the...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your concern and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to cardiac ischemia. These muscle twitching may be caused by possibile water and electrolytes imbalances. This, in turn, is favored also by Adderall (Amphetamine) i...  Read Full »

I have knee pain with pressure on chest. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I helped my cousin move and I hurt my back now. My left leg hurts by the knee and I feel a pressure on my chest, those hurt more than my back does.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you be more precise about where exactly does it pain? And what is the nature of the pain? If this pain is dull aching in the knee then should be muscular. Because heavy work most of the muscle lands in DOMS and the pain arrives. Regarding pain in the chest, it shou...  Read Full »

Is the irritation on the back of my neck due to poor posture?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from irritation on the back of my neck. Sometimes, it extends up to the throat. But, I do not have any problem in speaking or swallowing. Please help.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.comI understand that you have some irritation at the back of your neck that extends to your throat sometimes. However, there is no difficulty in swallowing or speaking. The details provided by you are not sufficient enough to make a decisive diagnosis. Please get me the foll...  Read Full »