Q. What is the cause of widespread muscle twitching and sweaty palms?

Dr. Nazma Parveen

I am 25 years old. What can be causing me to get widespread muscle twitching (twitches last about five seconds and go away and reoccur in a different muscle minutes or hours after)? Legs and hands get shaky, hands get sweaty, at night I feel like my legs are vibrating and my heart is pounding for no reason. I just noticed my hair is falling out too. I am also getting lots of anxiety, especially at night. I am in good health, I am a little overweight, not too much though. Should I get a blood test?

#

I have read through your question and would like to suggest that you should get a number of blood tests done.

The following are the tests that I would suggest.

1. Hemogram which should include your ESR.
  2. Thyroid profile to rule out any endocrinal disorder.
  3. A blood sugar profile.
  4. Liver function tests.
  5. ECG to rule out any cardiac cause to your palpitations.

All these tests are just to reach a proper diagnosis. It is necessary to know whether all these symptoms you are having are due to a pathological cause or physiological.

You said that you have anxiety. Even anxiety alone can be a reason for your symptom complex.

If all these tests come clear we may have to investigate the reason for your muscle twitchings.

I hope I was able to help. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|