Q. Why did I get pain after a long walk?

Dr. Sumit Chawla
This is a premium question & answer published on May 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2020

I walked for around 10 km two days back. I am not a habitual walker. I felt cramp twice in my right leg during first 3 km and after stretching it was better. Then I consumed fair amount of water. But, after 24 hours I got severe pain in calf muscles and there is slight swelling. Please suggest some medication or exercise. I frequently face this issue. Kindly help.

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• You are having fatigued muscle due to over exercise by an unaccustomed muscle.
  • You can take muscle relaxant with anti-inflammatory and also apply some analgesic gel to the calf muscle.
  • Heat and massage therapy will help in early resolution of symptoms.
  • You should only do some stretching exercises. It will resolve in a couple of days with the treatment mentioned above.

For further doubts consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

Shall I take Robaxin and Meloxicam together? Please suggest any analgesic gel. Thank you.

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• Yes, you can take the combination of the two drugs.
  • Many analgesic gel preparations are available depending upon the regional market. Commonly available are Volini gel, Flamar gel, Seradic gel, Voltaren gel and Actfit gel. These are easily available over-the-counter.

| 

I am having heel pain and inflammation from stepping on a nail head.Is this due to a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments?

Query: Hello doctor, I stepped on the head of a nail a week ago. Now, every time I step on that part of my heel, I get this sharp, searing and burning feeling. Is this a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments? What happened? Thank you for giving me an audience; it's extremely appreciated.  Read Full »

I have pain that radiates from my back to the thigh. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am takin...  Read Full »

I have tightness and pressure on the chest. How to overcome that naturally?

Query: Hello doctor,I have chest tightness and pressure on the chest, some steep pain on the ribs and a stiffness on the upper back and sometimes I feel pain on that stiffness. How do I overcome it naturally?  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now