Q. How to treat my upper back pain?

Published on Aug 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

While sitting on a sofa, I was completely relaxed, and my body was lying unbalanced against it. Suddenly, I felt some pain that started in the upper back area. But it did not disappear even after I got up and did a lot of body straightening and stretching. It was minor. Particularly in the night, I slept with difficulty. In the morning, I did a bit of exercise, jogging and relaxing. But it remained. Next night I felt severe pain in the upper back. I was unable to sleep. When I slept flat, I also had the same pain. Turning to either side, there is a slight comfort. I never had this problem before, especially when I am lying flat. When I am sitting normally, almost in the middle of the back, center area, a minor pain is present. Please suggest.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

It looks like an acute muscular pain. In such situations, I recommend following these steps:

1. A muscle relaxant like tablet Flexura D (Diclofenac and Metaxalone) twice daily for three days.
  2. Hot fomentation.
  3. Volini gel (Diclofenac) for local application.
  4. Bed rest.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Why does my pain radiate from back to thigh?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am takin...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptom profile with long duration of pain unsettled after muscle relaxant points towards disc herniation as a probable etiology. You need to visit an orthopedic surgeon for neurological examination to look for signs of neurological impairment and get an MRI sc...  Read Full

I have dull, persistent aches and pain in abdomen. Is it due to dance practice?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old female, 1.75 m and 70 kg. For the past two to three months, I have been under quite a lot of stress due to an ongoing internship and various school commitments. I am experiencing dull, persistent aches and pains (at times these are sharp pains) on my right abdomen, and...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaints, it seems you may be suffering from muscular pain if your pain is not related to any signs like change in bowel habits or related to any abnormality in periods or menstruation or any kind of change in stool or urine and any other associated ...  Read Full

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to experience reddish brown discharge for 4-5 days post cervical polypectomy, but it should not cause any back pain per se unless there has been a secondary infection or vaginitis or bacterial vaginosis which is quite likely with vinegar smell. Flagyl (Met...  Read Full