Q. How to treat my upper back pain?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

While sitting on a sofa, I was completely relaxed, and my body was lying unbalanced against it. Suddenly, I felt some pain that started in the upper back area. But it did not disappear even after I got up and did a lot of body straightening and stretching. It was minor. Particularly in the night, I slept with difficulty. In the morning, I did a bit of exercise, jogging and relaxing. But it remained. Next night I felt severe pain in the upper back. I was unable to sleep. When I slept flat, I also had the same pain. Turning to either side, there is a slight comfort. I never had this problem before, especially when I am lying flat. When I am sitting normally, almost in the middle of the back, center area, a minor pain is present. Please suggest.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

It looks like an acute muscular pain. In such situations, I recommend following these steps:

1. A muscle relaxant like tablet Flexura D (Diclofenac and Metaxalone) twice daily for three days.
  2. Hot fomentation.
  3. Volini gel (Diclofenac) for local application.
  4. Bed rest.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

I have pain that radiates from my back to the thigh. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am takin...  Read Full »

I have dull, persistent aches and pain in abdomen. Is it due to dance practice?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old female, 1.75 m and 70 kg. For the past two to three months, I have been under quite a lot of stress due to an ongoing internship and various school commitments. I am experiencing dull, persistent aches and pains (at times these are sharp pains) on my right abdomen, and...  Read Full »

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »