Q. CK and ALP test results are attached. What is the name of this disease?

Dr. Nazma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2019

My 8-year-old nephew is suffering from an unknown disease. We did two tests as suggested by the doctors. The names of the tests are CK and ALP. I am attaching the reports herewith. The doctors suggest that there is no treatment for these diseases. He walks with the help of his toes by lifting his heels and putting his weight on his toes. Kindly suggest me some medicine or natural diet by which he can be cured.

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The symptoms you described and the CPK (creatine phosphokinase) result indicate a muscular dystrophy.
  • Unfortunately, this does not have any cure as of now.
  • I would still suggest getting his nerve conduction study done to confirm the diagnosis.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Preventing Constipation Naturally

Article Overview: Constipation is often caused owing to a faulty diet, irregular lifestyle and also mental stress that is best avoided or prevented naturally. Read Article

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
General Medicine Physician

Follow these steps and stay away from constipation: Eat a simple and natural plant based diet consisting mostly of whole grain cereals, leafy greens and fresh fruits/ dry fruits including mango, grapes, papaya, tomato, cucumber, pears, guava, gooseberry, fig, apple, raisins, etc. At the same time...  Read Article

Why is there low creatinine levels for the past four months?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had very low creatinine levels for more than four months (low 11 highest 68) normal is 110 to 135. Do you think there is an issue?  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to control bad odor due to stomach problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a regular alcoholic. The problem is that I have bad smell due to stomach problem. Suggest me how to cure bad smell. Thank you.  Read Full »