Q. CK and ALP test results are attached. What is the name of this disease?

Answered by
Dr. Nazma Parveen
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2019

Hello doctor,

My 8-year-old nephew is suffering from an unknown disease. We did two tests as suggested by the doctors. The names of the tests are CK and ALP. I am attaching the reports herewith. The doctors suggest that there is no treatment for these diseases. He walks with the help of his toes by lifting his heels and putting his weight on his toes. Kindly suggest me some medicine or natural diet by which he can be cured.



Welcome to

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • The symptoms you described and the CPK (creatine phosphokinase) result indicate a muscular dystrophy.
  • Unfortunately, this does not have any cure as of now.
  • I would still suggest getting his nerve conduction study done to confirm the diagnosis.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have a low grade burning sensation in the right thigh near groin. Why?

Coming to this point, I would recommend performing nerve conduction studies to investigate for neuropathy ...   Read full

Is it normal to have muscle twitches all over my body?

I would also recommend checking vitamin B12 plasma levels for possible deficiency and performing nerve conduction studies in order to examine your muscles and nerves ...   Read full

12 years old son, suddenly lost his ability to walk. What could it be?

6yr oldtaking IndukanthaKashayam & Gorachandigutika in60ml warmwater daily bfrfood 2time forAsthma,bronchitis&Pneumonia also englishmeds for 1yr now.Is it safe?   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Sexual Problems and Depression
Depression is one of the commonest psychiatric problems in the general population. About 10 % of men and more than doubl...  Read more»
Holiday Season During the Pandemic
Most of us wonder if there is a way to celebrate the holiday season during the COVID-19 pandemic safely. Here are some i...  Read more»
Skin Care Tips To Win Over Winter
This article discusses a few tips to manage and protect your skin during winter.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.