Q. CK and ALP test results are attached. What is the name of this disease?

Dr. M. A. Toyeb, Nazma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2019

My 8-year-old nephew is suffering from an unknown disease. We did two tests as suggested by the doctors. The names of the tests are CK and ALP. I am attaching the reports herewith. The doctors suggest that there is no treatment for these diseases. He walks with the help of his toes by lifting his heels and putting his weight on his toes. Kindly suggest me some medicine or natural diet by which he can be cured.

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The symptoms you described and the CPK (creatine phosphokinase) result indicate a muscular dystrophy.
  • Unfortunately, this does not have any cure as of now.
  • I would still suggest getting his nerve conduction study done to confirm the diagnosis.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|