Q. I have had low creatinine levels for past four months. Is there any issue?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

I have had very low creatinine levels for more than four months (low 11 highest 68) normal is 110 to 135. Do you think there is an issue?

Do you have a question on Creatinine or Liver Function Test?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

MBBS
Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine

I can understand your worries. Low creatinine levels are caused by low muscle mass either due to age or a disease like muscular dystrophy (MD) that may be causing muscles to deteriorate. The liver makes creatinine and if liver functions are compromised, it can also lead to low creatinine levels. Please get yourself examined by your local physician in order to rule out the causes.

Which disease can cause a child to suddenly lose the ability to walk?
Query: Dear doctor, My father-in-law had a son. He grew up like a normal child till the age of around 10 to 12 years. Suddenly, he was diseased and he was not able to walk properly and after some days, he completely lost power in both the legs and permanently lost his ability to walk. Could you tell me wh...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Kishore
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely that he could be suffering from one of the types of muscular dystrophy. It is most of the time, X-chromosome linked. Usually, the male children get affected and the females are carriers. For further queries, post a detailed history and ask a doctor online...  Read Full »

My creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it?
Query: Hello doctor, My blood report came today surprise me that my creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it? I am very concerned. Is there any way I can avid dialysis and treat with medication, diet and excursive. Please guide me if possible. I am taking Verapamil ER 180 mg and Atorvastatin 20 mg for hig...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Varma
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I understand, you are having hypertension for past 15 years, apparently under control at present. Many a time, hypertension can remain undetected, without symptoms for long. So we may not know the exact duration of the disease in many patients. You have hypertension ...  Read Full »

Do I need to worry about my LFT report?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My weight is 75 kg and height is 5'11". Two years ago, I was a heavy drinker. But, nowadays I only¬†drink beer once a week for about 6 to 7 pints. My SGOT AND SGPT levels were much higher two years ago. I think they were around 150 to 175. I just got my LFT done b...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The liver function test report looks fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Although slightly elevated liver enzymes could mean slight inflammation, this is well within acceptable limits. There are a few precautions you must observe with complete avoidance...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now