Q. I have had low creatinine levels for past four months. Is there any issue?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Published on Sep 10, 2019

I have had very low creatinine levels for more than four months (low 11 highest 68) normal is 110 to 135. Do you think there is an issue?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I can understand your worries. Low creatinine levels are caused by low muscle mass either due to age or a disease like muscular dystrophy (MD) that may be causing muscles to deteriorate. The liver makes creatinine and if liver functions are compromised, it can also lead to low creatinine levels. Please get yourself examined by your local physician in order to rule out the causes.

Which disease can cause a child to suddenly lose the ability to walk?

Query: Dear doctor, My father-in-law had a son. He grew up like a normal child till the age of around 10 to 12 years. Suddenly, he was diseased and he was not able to walk properly and after some days, he completely lost power in both the legs and permanently lost his ability to walk. Could you tell me wh...  Read Full »

My creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood report came today surprise me that my creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it? I am very concerned. Is there any way I can avid dialysis and treat with medication, diet and excursive. Please guide me if possible. I am taking Verapamil ER 180 mg and Atorvastatin 20 mg for hig...  Read Full »

Do I need to worry about my LFT report?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My weight is 75 kg and height is 5'11". Two years ago, I was a heavy drinker. But, nowadays I only drink beer once a week for about 6 to 7 pints. My SGOT AND SGPT levels were much higher two years ago. I think they were around 150 to 175. I just got my LFT done b...  Read Full »