Q. I have had low creatinine levels for past four months. Is there any issue?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

I have had very low creatinine levels for more than four months (low 11 highest 68) normal is 110 to 135. Do you think there is an issue?

#

I can understand your worries. Low creatinine levels are caused by low muscle mass either due to age or a disease like muscular dystrophy (MD) that may be causing muscles to deteriorate. The liver makes creatinine and if liver functions are compromised, it can also lead to low creatinine levels. Please get yourself examined by your local physician in order to rule out the causes.

|