Q. 12 years old son, suddenly lost his ability to walk. What could it be?

Dr. Deepak Kishore
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2019

Dear doctor,

My father-in-law had a son. He grew up like a normal child till the age of around 10 to 12 years. Suddenly, he was diseased and he was not able to walk properly and after some days, he completely lost power in both the legs and permanently lost his ability to walk. Could you tell me what that disease is and will that get passed on to my children as heredity?

Dr. Deepak Kishore

General Surgery Paediatric Surgery Paediatrics
#

It is likely that he could be suffering from one of the types of muscular dystrophy. It is most of the time, X-chromosome linked.

Usually, the male children get affected and the females are carriers.

For further queries, post a detailed history and ask a doctor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online

|