Q. Why is there a feeling of discomfort and numbness in my left arm?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Jan 08, 2018

I am a 25-year-old man. For the past few weeks, I have a feeling of discomfort and numbness in my left arm and heart. Also, I have discomfort and kind of a pain in my armpits. I can also feel tingling pain in bones from fingers to toes. Please help.

#

It is less likely for a young person without risk factors like diabetes, hypertension, and family history of smoking to have chest pain.

I suggest that your pain is due to a musculoskeletal sprain.

Chest pain is usually related to efforts and deep suffocating, compressing in nature. If you have these features please give me more details.

If these symptoms are related to smoking any recreational drugs, it could be lethal.

I suggest you take Paracetamol 1000 mg every eight hours and Voltaren gel (Diclofenac) three times per day on painful areas.

Follow up in one week.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have pain in right chest that goes through the armpit down to elbow. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old young professional. For the last three months, I have been having this sudden pain in the right chest that would go through my armpit down to my elbow. It would be so painful that I cannot move until the pain subsides. I have a sedentary lifestyle. So, it could not ...  Read Full »

Can cervical disc bulge lead to arm numbness?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »