Q. Does radiation from cell phone cause nerve problem?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Published on Aug 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2019

I have a tingling, warm and very uncomfortable sensation in my finger when I touch my phone. What could it be? I am very afraid it is due to the radiation from the phone.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

We are exposed to variable amounts of radiation from our cell phones. However, it is not strong enough to cause tingling and numbness or nerve damage. The only way to know if your phone is causing it is to abandon using it for a day or two and check if the symptoms still persist.

If it is only localized to the finger, then there can be a nerve compression or possible nerve damage which will self-heal in some time.

However most commonly, it is due to vitamin deficiency, and hence it is advisable to take any multivitamin supplement for a month.

Also, increase the vegetable intake in your diet.

Try avoiding the phone for some time, just to see if the sensation stops.

Keep taking the vitamin and watch out for any similar symptom in other places of the body.

If it does, get back to a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Why is there a feeling of discomfort and numbness in my left arm?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25-year-old man. For the past few weeks, I have a feeling of discomfort and numbness in my left arm and heart. Also, I have discomfort and kind of a pain in my armpits. I can also feel tingling pain in bones from fingers to toes. Please help.  Read Full »

When I start walking, the portion below the knee is numb. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. From the last one month, I have problems with my legs, especially my left leg, when I get out of my bed or chair and start walking, the portion below the knee is sleeping (numb), sometimes it happens in the right leg as well, but most of the time in my left leg. I w...  Read Full »

I feel lethargic and sleepy after lunch. Will taking multivitamins help?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old software professional. I have a lot of work pressure and also loads of stress and tension in my personal life. I sleep around seven to eight hours a day and stick to a very healthy and disciplined lifestyle with respect to timely food habits and taking a balanced die...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now