Q. Please suggest dietary options and exercise to improve my eyesight.

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

Yesterday, I checked my eyes for the first time as I started to have blurred vision in the right eye. I can have it due to cell phone usage, excessive stress, and daily crying. The right SPH was -2.50, CYL was -0.50, AX was 2, and the left SPH was -2.25, CYL was -0.50, and AX was 1. I had a PD of 60 mm. My cornea, pupil, and lens were clear. I was suggested to use glasses. But I do not want it. Please provide your advice. How do you read the test results? Is there any other way other than LASIK? How to cure it? Please recommend some dietary options and exercise to improve my situation. Will using glass for reading affects near vision?

#

I understand your concern. You have myopia with astigmatism. You need to use glasses. If you do not want glasses, you can go for contact lenses. Your number needs to be stable for a year before going for LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileuses) surgery. Also, corneal thickness and surface need to be evaluated for undergoing surgery. Nothing can be done at this stage regarding exercise and diet. Glasses should be worn all the time while reading, watching television, and using mobile phones. Glasses will not affect the near vision. You will get used to it in four to five days.

|