Eye Power

Does wearing spectacles with the wrong eye axis result in headaches and eye strain?

Query: Sir, I when study for long time my eyes and head starts paining and I showed it to doctors but they found nothing. But when I showed my glasses of -0.50dp to a specs shop he told me that I am wearing 170-175° lenses instead of 180°. Does this much difference in degree affects eye?  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear about your headache. Headache can be due to numerous causes including stress, migraine, refractive errors, sinusitis, glaucoma and high blood pressure to name a few. From what you described, you have what is called astigmatism. That means the cornea is no...  Read Full »

Are headaches and eye strain common when using new glasses?

Query: Hello doctor. I use laptop for 8 hours a day and it cause stress to the eyes even while using glasses. and thus I again did check up of my eyes and they said that i have weak eyesight specially for right eye (1.75) as I can't see distant objects clearly. Thus I brought new glasses with antiglare sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern. I presume you were tested by an ophthalmologist and not at an optical shop? If your eyestrain has increased since you made the new spectacles it can be because the power is too high for your requirement especially if it minus power. Any over correction of minus can...  Read Full »

Can LipiFlow or IPL result in eye floaters?

Query: Hi! Two questions- I have dry eye. I went to a dry eye center and they did Lipiflow and one session of IPL laser. Ever since, my eyes have felt less dry but I've been seeing a lot of floaters. I checked with an opthamologist and he said my eye looks healthy, he was able to see my floaters and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, There is a jelly like substance in the eye called Vitrious and as age progresses it starts to liquify or if it gets detaches you start seeing floaters. It is common in myopes. It is not due to IPL laser. You should go to an Ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is increase in number...  Read Full »

Why do I have eye pain even after using new glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eyes problem since last four years due to regular eight hours computer use. There is burning also sometimes and reading puts stress on eyes. I consulted a doctor and started using Softdrops daily 3 to 4 times before computer use, and taking Retinox tablets periodically...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of dry eyes (computer vision syndrome). There is no permanent cure for dryness. Power on both your eyes is negligible (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, if there is no headache then you can avoid these glasse...  Read Full »

Can myopia be reduced naturally?

Query: hello, i am a 16 year old teenage girl who has mild myopia. i was first prescribed with glasses when i was in 7th grade, and now i am in 11th grade. my first power was -0.25 and -0.5 dioptre and now it is -2.5 and -3.0 dioptre. at first, my power increased -0.5 in both eyes in every 6 months without...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: hi welcome to icliniq I have gone through your query and I understand your concern and your apprehension regarding the care of your eyes. 1.myopia doesn't resolve . only pseudomyopia does. 2. atropine as a prophylactic treatment has been tried for younger children and its not effective for older ...  Read Full »

Can I wear my old glasses after my retinal detachment surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I wear my old glasses after my retinal detachent surgery? The surgery was done 10 days back.  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have refractive power of eyes and hence the glass power is likely to change after a RD surgery due to a number of causes. Firstly, the liquid inside your eye is removed (vitrectomy) in retina surgery and replaced by a gas or a silicon oil. All these changes the...  Read Full »

How can eye power be maintained while using gadgets?

Query: Hi doctor, Due to this lockdown, our online classes are going on from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. After that, for home work purpose we have to use electronic gadgets. I am very worried about my eyes as we spend our maximum time on these gadgets. One thing more is that I am already suffering with eyesight p...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ciliniq.com. It is now imperative to use gadgets nowadays for the online classes in students and that can take a toll on their eyes. However, there is no running away from it atleast at this COVID times. Excessive digital screen exposure can cause 2 things: 1) Dry eyes. 2) In...  Read Full »

Can you reverse the change in eye power caused by using wrong glasses?

Query: Dear Sir, When my eye power 2 years back, My Vision was RE- SPH- +0.5 and ADD + 1.25 LE- SPH- +0.75 and ADD +1.25 But wrongly I was using a Glass of Power RE- SPH- +1.50 ADD +1.25 and LE - SPH +1.50 ADD +1.25 yesterday when I went for a test I got to find my Vision is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. Com According to your Age you are having hypermteropia which is called far sightedness in which you can see distance objects clearly but near focus will be blurred without glasses. And one more thing you are 46 years old now,so this is an age for cataract. And when you w...  Read Full »

Is it a must to wear glasses all the time for cylindrical power of -0.5 and -1.25?

Query: I have cylinder power,from past 10 months-first my power was 0.5 in right and 0.75 in left but now I have in my right eye is -0.5,axis is 180 and in left eye -1.25,axis is 180..Do I need to wear glasses all the time?Can I wear lenses for this power?and also can I go for lasik surgery?please reply..a...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi. Welcome to Icliniq. I will try to answer all your questions one by one. So first of all cylinderical change from -0.75 to -1.25 is not significant and most probably it was due to interobserver variation. Usually refractive error does not change after 20-22 years age and as you are 27 so less ch...  Read Full »

Are spherical numbers of -4 and -2.5 concerning in a 4-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find the eye report of my 4-year-old son. He is not getting much issues in walking, in long-distance reading and in anything, but in the eye test report he got -4 and -2.5 spherical numbers in the eyes. Is it a very serious number? I am very tensed as I thought - 4 is a very bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached photo. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are both spherical and cylindrical powers in both of his eyes. This power is large for a 4-year-old boy and I understand your concern. Regarding the cause, the given a...  Read Full »