Eye Power

Can myopia of power +1.5 be cured with medicine or exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is detected with hypermyopia with power of +1.5. Can it be cured with medicine or exercise?  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is his age?  Read Full »

Why do I have eye pain even after using new glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eyes problem since last four years due to regular eight hours computer use. There is burning also sometimes and reading puts stress on eyes. I consulted a doctor and started using Softdrops daily 3 to 4 times before computer use, and taking Retinox tablets periodically...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of dry eyes (computer vision syndrome). There is no permanent cure for dryness. Power on both your eyes is negligible (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, if there is no headache then you can avoid these glasse...  Read Full »

I feel dizzy and headache whenever I wear my glasses. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been wearing the same eyeglasses prescription for a few years now. I recently had another eye exam, and not much has changed. However, every time I put my current glasses on I starts feeling dizzy. My vision does not seem quite right, and it is giving me headaches. They did adjus...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eye strain after a change of glasses might be due to over or under correction of glasses or improper spectacle frame and centration. So you need to recheck your refraction and lenses whether they are dispensed according to your prescription. If you are having trouble...  Read Full »

What is meant by 6/6 right eye, 6/6 left eye and 6/5 uniocular vision with glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, What is meant by 6/6 right eye, 6/6 left eye and 6/5 uniocular vision with glasses?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In laymen terms, 6 by 6 means scientificly defined perfect vision. In medical terms, 6 by 6 means what you see from six meters, a person with normal vision also sees it from 6 metres. 6 by 5 means what a normal person sees from 5 metres you see it from 6 metres only me...  Read Full »

Trial lenses did not correct astigmation. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I just went to an optometrist yesterday and they gave me a contact lens prescription of -6.00 for both eyes. For 30 years, I have always had different strengths, both with astigmatism usually going up a bit each year to the last one 18 months ago which was: Left -4.50 -.75 160 8.6 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If someone has an astigmatism and that too upto 2.5 diopter, it is rare that it is reversed. But sometimes optometrist can add astigmatic power in spherical power that is called spherical equivalent. In such cases half the power of cylinder is added to spherical power. ...  Read Full »

Does eye pain while watching TV indicate the need for glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 years old daughter has an inward turn in her right eye after concentrating for a while. We had an eye test recently. Can you tell me if her results mean she needs glasses as she keeps saying her eyes hurt watching television and readings of her results are: Right eye sph +1.50 cy...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very normal refractive condition of a 4-year-old child and I would not advise correction. However, you might want to consider reducing the time watching TV along with the brightness of the screen after sunset. Reduced blinking might lead to drying up of the...  Read Full »

I am using glasses continuously and feel odd without that. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, As I use glasses continuously whenever I put them off, my eyes start asking for them, and I feel discomfort. For some time it will be fine to put eye lens for 2-3 hours. If I do not wear specs for 3-4 hours, will it affect my power?  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you describe, you have become addicted to your glasses. Your age permits you to wear lenses, and that will provide you with even better correction and vision. But, to better evaluate your condition, I require to know your refraction and the power of your sp...  Read Full »

Why there are red eye, tearing, and uncontrolled pupil movement on wearing glasses in 9 years old?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 9 years old. He got his first prescription glasses two years ago, and it was 1.00 and 1.25. Since he started to wear glasses, he had red eyes, tearing, and after some times pupil goes side to side out of control. Then we were referred to an ophthalmologist. He said my son's s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did he undergo cycloplegic refraction? Cycloplegic refraction means, children cannot be tested for glasses like adults. For children, we have to first put drops like Homatropine to dilate their eyes and then optometrist has to do a retinoscopy to determine the number...  Read Full »

I have a problem with breathing often in summer. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem in breathing often especially in summers less in winters. It seems some sound while breathing and some chest pain often. My eye power is frequently changing in a short time interval. I cannot focus well on studies on laptop and books offline also. I am feeling this for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Problems with breathing during in summer seem to be related to allergy. Chest x-ray and allergy tests are advised to further together with stool examination for ova parasites. Changes in power lens often are due to hormonal changes or working too long in front of co...  Read Full »

I have -6 eye power. Can I get Lasik surgery done?

Query: Hello doctor,I am male 22 years and 1 month completed. I have the eyesight of -6 for both eyes. Am I eligible for Lasik at 22 years or 23 years of age?   Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The decision of whether or not you can undergo Lasik or any other refractive surgery depends on three things. Your power should not change for at least a year. That is your power needs to be stable. Your corneal thickness must be adequate for the procedure. Your cornea...  Read Full »