Nasal Allergy

Can allergic post-nasal drip result in the enlargement of one tonsil?

Query: Hello,I am 17, almost 18 now. I wanted to ask something out of curiosity. Since I was a child (8 years ago) I've had a problem with one of my tonsils being bigger than the other. The doctor I went to back then suggested removing my tonsils but another doctor said it is not necessary as I am not fac...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. There are certain criteria that you need to fulfil for undergoing a tonsillectomy. This criteria is different in different institutions and most surgeons worldwide follow the ones given by SIGN (scottish intercollegiate guideline networ...  Read Full »

Why is my dust and pollen allergy not relieving even after taking medicines?

Query: Hi I got pollen and dust allergy for last 3 months, I am using allergy vaccine regularly but I was told it takes time to overcome the symptoms of allergy.. AND GIVEN MEDICINES to relief my cough and phlegm problem... My cough Is still there and becoz of medicine my phlegm is stuck in my head.... No...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, As per your symptoms, its seems to be Rhinosinusitis. Rhinosinusitis is the inflammation of nose and paranasal sinus. Symptoms includes : Nasal obstruction, Facial pain, cough, earache, nasal discharge, Post nasal discharge, Hyposmia, disturbed sleep, difficult to concentrate, dental pain. ...  Read Full »

I have loss of smell and taste sensation. Is it due to COVID?

Query: Hi doctor, For as long as I can remember I have had a deviated septum which resulted in me not being able to breathe through my nose at all. I got a septorhinoplasty done three years back and a month after the surgery I was able to breathe through my nose and smell. It has been three years and...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You did not mention use of any medication. I am assuming that you are not using any medication now. It appears you have nasal allergy which can create nasal block and other associated symptoms. For COVID-19 also one of the symptoms is loss of smell and taste.  Read Full »

I have recurring nosebleeds for over two months now. Please help.

Query: I have reoccurring nosebleeds for over 2 months now, even before the pandemic. I had a large blood clot about 5-6 inches. A week or two after this instance I saw a dry blood clot again about 3 inches in length. When I had an xray before the pandemic, the doctor said it was sinusitis but after the me...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! We need to first ascertain the cause of the nasal bleed so that the problem is treated in a specific manner. There can be various reasons why your having nasal bleeds in your age group. 1. Accelerated hypertension is one cause which is often missed out - Its always better to get your blood pr...  Read Full »

Why do I have ear pain and feel like the whole head is blocked?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from ear pain, and a kind of the whole head is blocked like sensation. The left and right ears are blocked with some air or water like state. I have this ear pain for four days gradually on the same pain note. I have taken Aceclofenac with Paracetamol and Amoxicillin...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have developed what we call as eustachian tube catarrh. This tube ventilates both the nose and the ear and can get blocked due to allergy or sinusitis or in any upper respiratory infection such as common flu. If you have allergic issues, it has to be ...  Read Full »

I cannot breathe in spite of asthma medicines. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 35 years old but I cannot breathe properly. Either I have to take nebulizer with Duolin or Borecort or Asthalene inhaler. But I am not satisfied with all these medicines. Kindly suggest. I got an asthma attack 13 years back.   Read Full »

Dr. Harsha D S

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your asthma symptoms are not under control, an evaluation will be necessary to know the reason. Change in inhalers will be necessary. We need to evaluate what all things you are allergic to and those have to be avoided. I see that your weight is 92 kg. Weight redu...  Read Full »