Q. I have pollen and dust allergy for the last three months, and medicines do not help. What to do?

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

Hi

I got pollen and dust allergy for last 3 months, I am using allergy vaccine regularly but I was told it takes time to overcome the symptoms of allergy.. AND GIVEN MEDICINES to relief my cough and phlegm problem... My cough Is still there and becoz of medicine my phlegm is stuck in my head.... Now I am suffering from nasal blockage with high and panic pressure on my cheeks, forehead and even my teeth and ears. My ears are half blocked.... No medicine and even use of nebulizer with saline, atem and clenil doest not give any relief? What should I do

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

As per your symptoms, its seems to be Rhinosinusitis.

Rhinosinusitis is the inflammation of nose and paranasal sinus. Symptoms includes : Nasal obstruction, Facial pain, cough, earache, nasal discharge, Post nasal discharge, Hyposmia, disturbed sleep, difficult to concentrate, dental pain.

Treatment 1)Tab Amoxicillin 500 mg Per oral of 3 times a day for 7 days 2)Tab Levocetrizine 5 mg Per Oral Once daily at night for 7 days 3)Nasal spray Furamist 1 puff in each nostril twice daily for 2 weeks

Steams inhalation 2-3 times a day Avoid dust and allergy

Hope this will help you Thank you

|