Q. After following juice fasting, I have nausea and vomiting after taking meals. Why?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 28, 2021

I have a feeling of nausea after taking meals. I was on juicing for three days and I started to have vomiting after it. I went to emergency and I was given medicine for nausea. I stopped juice fasting but I still have the feeling of nausea after taking a meal. I had a lap band bariatric surgery before eight years. I had a complication before two years and the surgeon removed the band. I am taking Cinnarizine 75 mg. Kindly suggest.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from nausea and vomiting for three days. Nausea and vomiting after meals can occur due to food poisoning, inflammation in the stomach lining called gastritis, ulcer, bulimia or any other psychological disorders, an infection caused due to salmonella, any cardiac disease, appendicitis, gallbladder stone, any type of liver or renal diseases, bowel obstruction, alcohol consumption, head injury, and gastroparesis. Treatment depends on the cause.

You should undergo some investigations such as USG of W/A (ultrasound of the whole abdomen), CBC (complete blood count), liver function test, renal function test, endoscopy of upper GIT (gastrointestinal tract), urine R/M (urinary routine and microscopic examination), and ECG (electrocardiogram) to find out the cause which is responsible for the suffering and then treat them accordingly. In the meantime, you can take anti-emetic medications three times daily before meals with Domperidone and Lansoprazole. You can take the antiemetic medication tablet Zofran 8 mg (Ondansetron) one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening before taking meals in case of nausea or vomiting. In case of any other query knock me and I will try to reply you further.

|