Food Poisoning

I have diarrhea after anal sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner tried anal sex for the first time in the last three years. It was not painful at all, and he finished inside of me. Also, he used a natural water based lube. Everything seemed to be fine until the next morning when I had horrible diarrhea. It is very watery and lots of it. T...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Likely it is not related to anal sex because it is not a common complication of anal sex and also bacterias will not proliferate so fast to give you diarrhea in the next morning itself. It is likely related to food consumption in last few days. I guess you do not ha...  Read Full »

Please suggest homeopathic remedies for food poisoning.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am suffering from food poisoning and stomach pain. I have loose motion (diarrhea) too. Please help me with homeopathy medicines for this problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know from how many days or hours have you been having this trouble? Do you have any other symptoms like vomiting, sweating, dizziness, tearing in the eyes, excessive salivation, mental stress, and stomach cramps? Please provide me all the details so that I c...  Read Full »

Why does my left arm hurt after eating?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some pain in the left arm if I have any food from outside like hotel or bakery, sweets or marriage food. It results in vomiting, abdominal pain and my left eye gets blurred. I had taken some antacids previously. Eight years back, I had got endoscopy done, but did not find any...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. Consumption of any food stuff is not related to left arm pain or discomfort. Contaminated food can cause food poisoning and acidity which can result in vomiting, abdominal pain, but it...  Read Full »

I am having stomach pain inspite of having medications. What else can I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I started having stomach pain after some time of consuming a particular company's product. I slept somehow, but after two hours, I woke up and puked. I am having stomach pain just below where the upper and lower ribs meet at the center in the upper belly. I had Avil (anti-allergy) 0.25 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you are worried about your health. I know you got digestive system problems based on the possible food poisoning after you ate what looks like a contaminated food from a local food chain. It is a widespread issue, and many people whole eat from outsi...  Read Full »

I have difficulty in breathing with burps and vomiting. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am facing a problem for one week and I am unable to breathe properly and I am getting lots of burps. I am vomiting white floaty water on each burp.  Read Full »

Dr. Abeer

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Most probably you have upper gastroenteritis. Do you have fever? Avoid eating spicy and fat food. Take saline one liter per day for five days. Take Domperidone one tablet three times daily for vomiting. Eat banana, white rice boiled, yogurt for five days.  Read Full »

Stomach pain medicine for 2.5 years baby

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2.5 years old. For a week, he is complaining of stomach pain. After farting he is fine. Our family doctor recommended one antibiotic for five days and a medicine to avoid vomiting. He had small vomits twice, but later it was fine. Now, after completing the course of medicine he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Complain of abdomen pain with vomiting suggests that your child probably has acute gastroenteritis or food poisoning. Since, antibiotic is already given and now there are no loose stools or vomiting, there is no need to give antibiotic a...  Read Full »

I have high fever, nausea and gas trouble due to food poisoning. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am traveling and got hit by food poisoning this afternoon. I have high fever, nausea and gas trouble. Kindly help me with the right medication.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. There are many causes of high fever and nausea which needs to be ruled out. I suggest you check your complete blood count, liver function test, malarial parasite. If any of the tests come abnormal, p...  Read Full »

What is the reason for fever along with skin rash and lip swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old baby is suffering from fever, skin rashes, cough and vomiting after meal. What is the problem? What shall I do now? Her lips have got swollen. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Fever with rash, vomiting and swelling of lips can occur in dengue fever and measles. I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels (C-reactive protein) and NS1 Antigen test (dengue). The child should be immedia...  Read Full »

Why does my dad vomit every time he eats?

Query: Hello doctor,I just want to ask the case of my father. He is 68 years old. Every time he eats, he vomits. It started yesterday. He has no fever. His weight is 64 kg. He does not want to eat because he is afraid he will vomit again. What medicine can I give him? He has cough.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the information you have provided, the vomiting he is experiencing presently could be either due to having food poisoning from anything unusual he had yesterday or since he is using Ellipta and Dilatair, they are medicines which would cause vomiting in c...  Read Full »

Can Enteroquinol be taken for stomach TB?

Query: Hello doctor, I am undergoing treatment for stomach TB for the last one year. I take Sompraz D 20 capsule on empty stomach and Libotryp at night. Due to overeating today, I am having diarrhea and indigestion. Can I take Enteroquinol and Eelectral powder? Or would you like to suggest me any other tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take these medicines. There is no issue with these medications with your present treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines. The probable diagnosis is infectious diarrhea. In acute diarr...  Read Full »