Food Poisoning

Can the consumption of old food from the refrigerator cause food poisoning?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, who is 58 years old, is suffering from stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting for the past two days. Yesterday night she ate one-day-old refrigerated food after heating, but I think that resulted in food poisoning her. I have given her tablet Cyclopam for stomach pain and tablet ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very concerned about her. Well, as you rightly pointed out that she has had food poisoning because of that food. This acute food poisoning should settle itself by day or two, but symptom-based treatment is required to help her go through ...  Read Full »

Should I get any specific treatment for loose stool and nausea due to mushroom poisoning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been eating a lot of portobello and crimini mushrooms for the last few meals. Some are not fully cooked. My last meal was roasted coriander, caraway, and cumin high speed blended with a bunch of parsley and a bunch of cilantro drizzled over slightly cooked portobello with a bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever had a similar symptom earlier? Any history of allergies that you suffer from or had in the past? Any family history of allergy to food or medications? You have not mentioned your age, and I assume you to be an adult. It appears to me as a case of m...  Read Full »

What is the reason for fever along with skin rash and lip swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old baby is suffering from fever, skin rashes, cough and vomiting after meal. What is the problem? What shall I do now? Her lips have got swollen. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Fever with rash, vomiting and swelling of lips can occur in dengue fever and measles. I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels (C-reactive protein) and NS1 Antigen test (dengue). The child should be immedia...  Read Full »

How long does food poisoning symptom last?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. Last Friday I got food poisoning, at least I think it was that. It appeared within an hour of eating mushrooms and chicken with stomach aches. I got diarrhea, stomach aches, headaches, some fever with chills and sweats. Today the only symptoms I have left ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Juhi Gupta

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description of symptoms, it is apparently food poisoning only. As fever has subsided, there does not seem to be much need for antibiotics. But diarrhea can be controlled by taking harmless lactobacillus supplements available over the counter. They work like ...  Read Full »

I face bowel problem whenever I go to my native. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I came to my native recently for my holidays. I have an issue of frequent bowel movements of around six times a day. But, it is normal and not loose. I also feel some irritation and heat during bowel movement. Also, this is the second episode. First time I got ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem that you are facing occurs only during your stay at home town means it is either due to some infection or change in food type. Sometimes, entameba infection can cause this. Otherwise, milk allergy can also lead to a similar kind of symptoms. So, make a note ...  Read Full »

How to overcome my excess hunger and frequent burps post food poisoning recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. I was suffering from food poisoning and got recovered after a good four days. I have not stopped all medications except Nexpro RD, but after recovering I am getting a lot of burps after eating and also feeling too much hungry and if I do not eat I am feeling ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very concerned about this. Well, it is not uncommon to have increased gas production after one develops acute gastroenteritis. The reason behind this is that following an episode of acute gastroenteritis, the person develops temporary l...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for lower abdominal pain with intestinal discomfort and gas formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not feeling well in my large intestine for the past three days. I have abdominal pain in my lower part and it is effecting my bladder too. I feel a bunch of gas in my colon but I am unable to expel it. Please advise. I just used Entamizole tablet yesterday night and today morning...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it seems that you have intestinal colic (spasm of intestine). The Entamizole (Diloxanide Furoate and Metronidazole) can work well if you have an infection otherwise not. It may be because of you had something unusual with food that probably has caused increased...  Read Full »

I am vomiting and have diarrhea after eating out. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe vomiting and diarrhea. I vomited 5 times in the last 6 hours and visited the toilet for about 30 to 35 times. Yesterday, I had outside food such as burger, pizza, chips, bread, etc. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. Vomiting five times within 6 hours and going to the toilet for about 35 times denote that the condition is severe enough to warrant hospital admissions. Please do not wast...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take antiemetics for food poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am aware that vomiting is the body's normal response to certain illnesses but here is the thing. I have emetophobia, which is a phobia of vomiting. This is not just "oh, yeah no one likes to throw up". This is a debilitating fear that effects a person's everyday life. Pretty much every...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like to clarify that vomiting is not a useless response of the body. It is body's way of conveying that something wrong is there that needs to be corrected. For example in food poisoning the body vomits so that it throws away all the food that ...  Read Full »

I have diarrhea after anal sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner tried anal sex for the first time in the last three years. It was not painful at all, and he finished inside of me. Also, he used a natural water based lube. Everything seemed to be fine until the next morning when I had horrible diarrhea. It is very watery and lots of it. T...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Likely it is not related to anal sex because it is not a common complication of anal sex and also bacterias will not proliferate so fast to give you diarrhea in the next morning itself. It is likely related to food consumption in last few days. I guess you do not ha...  Read Full »