Food Poisoning

Why do I have a feeling of nausea and vomiting after taking meals?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a feeling of nausea after taking meals. I was on juicing for three days and I started to have vomiting after it. I went to emergency and I was given medicine for nausea. I stopped juice fasting but I still have the feeling of nausea after taking a meal. I had a lap band bariatric su...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from nausea and vomiting for three days. Nausea and vomiting after meals can occur due to food poisoning, inflammation in the stomach lining called gastritis, ulcer, bulimia or any other psych...  Read Full »

How to treat food poisoning induced IBS?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight months ago, I had an acute food poisoning case. My symptoms were cramping, pain, weight loss, and diarrhea. I ate food that was left outside the fridge for more than eight hours. The symptoms persisted for a few weeks, and then I went to a doctor who did a colonoscopy and stool ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are looks normal. But hemogram report showing iron deficiency even though hemoglobin is normal. IBS is treated with diet modification with regular exercise and yoga. IBS may aggr...  Read Full »

How to treat stomach upset and vomiting due to late-night meal?

Query: Hello doctor,My friend had a late-night meal last night followed by vomiting twice and a bit of diarrhea, headache, stomach pain, and fever about 101. She took Pan D twice and Calpol. But she still has a fever. What will you suggest?  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Which food do you take yesterday? Did you take any non-vegetarian food, ice creams, or eggs? Do you have loose stools? Any blood or mucus in stools? Possible causes could be food poisoning, bacillary dysentery, acute gastroenteritis, or acute gastritis. Use tabl...  Read Full »

How to prevent the recurrence of typhoid or food poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a headache last week, and my bowel movement was watery and loose. Two loose and watery bowel movements last week, and I also had a fever ranging from 37.3 to 37.7. Before that, I was having a headache that started, and it got worsened two days later when I had diarrhea with fever. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not seem like typhoid fever. The typhoid fever used to be a high grade meaning 38 above and would have persisted since it does not respond to only one dose of Cefixime, which you have taken. The headache can be a common daily headache. Due to sleeplessness, a...  Read Full »

Can the consumption of old food from the refrigerator cause food poisoning?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, who is 58 years old, is suffering from stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting for the past two days. Yesterday night she ate one-day-old refrigerated food after heating, but I think that resulted in food poisoning her. I have given her tablet Cyclopam for stomach pain and tablet ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very concerned about her. Well, as you rightly pointed out that she has had food poisoning because of that food. This acute food poisoning should settle itself by day or two, but symptom-based treatment is required to help her go through ...  Read Full »

Should I get any specific treatment for loose stool and nausea due to mushroom poisoning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been eating a lot of portobello and crimini mushrooms for the last few meals. Some are not fully cooked. My last meal was roasted coriander, caraway, and cumin high speed blended with a bunch of parsley and a bunch of cilantro drizzled over slightly cooked portobello with a bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever had a similar symptom earlier? Any history of allergies that you suffer from or had in the past? Any family history of allergy to food or medications? You have not mentioned your age, and I assume you to be an adult. It appears to me as a case of m...  Read Full »

What is the reason for fever along with skin rash and lip swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old baby is suffering from fever, skin rashes, cough and vomiting after meal. What is the problem? What shall I do now? Her lips have got swollen. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Fever with rash, vomiting and swelling of lips can occur in dengue fever and measles. I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels (C-reactive protein) and NS1 Antigen test (dengue). The child should be immedia...  Read Full »

How long does food poisoning symptom last?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. Last Friday I got food poisoning, at least I think it was that. It appeared within an hour of eating mushrooms and chicken with stomach aches. I got diarrhea, stomach aches, headaches, some fever with chills and sweats. Today the only symptoms I have left ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Juhi Gupta

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description of symptoms, it is apparently food poisoning only. As fever has subsided, there does not seem to be much need for antibiotics. But diarrhea can be controlled by taking harmless lactobacillus supplements available over the counter. They work like ...  Read Full »

I face bowel problem whenever I go to my native. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I came to my native recently for my holidays. I have an issue of frequent bowel movements of around six times a day. But, it is normal and not loose. I also feel some irritation and heat during bowel movement. Also, this is the second episode. First time I got ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem that you are facing occurs only during your stay at home town means it is either due to some infection or change in food type. Sometimes, entameba infection can cause this. Otherwise, milk allergy can also lead to a similar kind of symptoms. So, make a note ...  Read Full »

How to overcome my excess hunger and frequent burps post food poisoning recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. I was suffering from food poisoning and got recovered after a good four days. I have not stopped all medications except Nexpro RD, but after recovering I am getting a lot of burps after eating and also feeling too much hungry and if I do not eat I am feeling ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very concerned about this. Well, it is not uncommon to have increased gas production after one develops acute gastroenteritis. The reason behind this is that following an episode of acute gastroenteritis, the person develops temporary l...  Read Full »