Q. I have a patch of bumpy rashes on my left breast. Is it breast cancer?

Dr. Swaraj S W

I am a female, who weighs 158 lbs and 5.9 feet tall. I feel that my strength is declining, and I have itchiness and hot sensation across my breasts, neck, and torso. I also had a bumpy rash patch surfaced on my left breast several days ago. This rash has not gone away, and it looks like the texture of the orange peel and is yellow and red. Severe fatigue is affecting my daily activities. I am worried it might be inflammatory breast cancer. I also have a swelling and sensitivity in that breast area. 

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

1. Do you have any family history of breast cancer?
  2. Do you have a fever, nausea, vomiting, or weight loss?
  3. When was your blood sugar and thyroid tested?

Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

Thank you for the quick reply. My aunt died of breast cancer, which later turned into a bone cancer. Six months ago, my blood sugar and thyroid levels were normal.

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

• With a strong family history of breast cancer, I would suggest getting an ultrasound of the breast done after getting the breast examined by a surgeon. Then if necessary, he might ask for a mammogram and then take a call.
  • He might also ask for routine blood and urine tests. Do you feel any lymph nodes in the axilla on the side of the breast rash?

| 

Thank you for your suggestion. No, I just have a swelling and a bit of tenderness between my armpit and breast. I will go see a doctor. Thank you.

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

• It might turn out to be something simple as well. All the best. Keep me posted.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

Related Video

I have a sharp stabbing pain inside my breast.My mom has breast cancer.Do I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. A few days ago I noticed that my left breast was very tender. Yesterday morning I started feeling sharp stabbing pain inside my breast near the nipple every hour or so. Yesterday night I started to feel the pain 10 times worse and more frequently. I also not...  Read Full »

What are the small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.  Read Full »

Left sided abdominal pain

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, female. I went to the emergency room a few days back. The CT scan was done to check my ovary and when I look at my blood work for the past few years, I was wondering if there was any relation between some of the rising levels especially if anything is not functionin...  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now