HomeAnswersSexologydapoxetineDapoxetine did not work during intercourse. Why?

Is it advisable to increase the dosage of Dapoxetine for better intercourse?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Divya Banu M

Published At January 21, 2020
Reviewed AtJanuary 21, 2020

Patient's Query

As per advise of doctor I have taken Dapoxetine (Duralast) 30 mg before 1 hour intercourse, it did not work? So can I take any other medicine or take higher composition of same medicine or two tablets before 1 hour?

Taking two tablets of Dapoxetine might cause dizziness, flushing of face, nausea, vomiting, etc., side effects. But you can take two tablets that is 60 mg prior to sex. But if problem persists then better to consult your doctor again. Regular use of SSRIs like Paroxetine daily will help to delay the ejaculation time. Continue to take Dapoxetine 30 on SOS basis. This will help in delaying the time.

Patient's Query

I want to use these things for shorter time so my question is that is it safe to use spray for long lasting? Or will you recommend anything else for long lasting?

Duralast two tablets will help to delay the time. Sprays have not much effects and are not proven for premature ejaculation. If problem persists even after taking two tablets then you can think of using Lignocaine jelly during sex. This will reduce sensitivity of penis and ejaculation will be delayed.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Psychiatry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

sexual intercoursedapoxetine

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Sexology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy