Nebulization

Should I go back to the doctor for my cough and wheezing?

Query: Hi doctor, I was coughing up dark yellow mucus with blood streaks. So, I went to my doctor and she prescribed Keflex. After about two days, I broke out a rash from head to toe. So, I went back and she put me on Roxithromycin and three days of Prednisolone. I am on my second day of new antibiotics an...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik

Microbiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The asthmatic attack might be due to the drug allergy, which you might have had. I suggest you to get a sputum culture to identify which antibiotic suits. Also, I suggest you to take nebulization with Asthalin which will ease the breathing. My suggestion for you to be und...  Read Full »

How serious is bilateral bronchiectasis with chest pain and breathing difficulty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I have suffered from bilateral bronchiectasis for the past five months, and I have not received any treatment yet due to the pandemic situation. Currently, I often get regular chest pain and shortness of breath. I also did a blood split two years ago. My sto...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have had bilateral bronchiectasis. You have also been suffering from chest pain and shortness of breath. Bronchi...  Read Full »

How to get rid of phlegm?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2.6 years old. His weight is 12 kg. He is a healthy and active child. But, he is getting coughs and cold at least once in a month for the past three months. Currently, he has a fever for the past two days (101 degree) and cold from today morning. I am giving him Cetirizine and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son was having frequent infections for the last three months. Is there any source from which he might be getting it? Please try to identify it like whether he started going to school or any family member having the same symptoms. Then, probably try to rectify that...  Read Full »

My 4-year-old gets cough and cold frequently. What is the permanent solution for this problem?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my 4 and a half-year-old son. He was born at 36.1 weeks and progressed normally. At around 2 years of age, he used to get frequent bouts of running nose and cough. He was hospitalized for lower respiratory tract infection at 2.7 years, and had febrile ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing your query to me. I can understand that you are very much concerned about the health of your son. From your history description, it seems that your son has bronchial asthma. Asthma usually occurs from exposure to the allergens in our surrounding ...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to nebulize the child frequently for cough?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 4.5 years old and very often he suffers from coughing problem which increases as the days passes. This time doctor has given Atarex syrup 5 ml twice a day. I have given one dose but he was coughing badly whole day. Then he has suggested to nebulize him with Budecort 1 mg a...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If your child has cough for so long time and he is also requiring nebulization, it means that your child has infection. Also, we need to rule out tuberculosis. I suggest you to do CBC with ESR, X-ray chest, Mantoux test to rule out tube...  Read Full »

Why is there frequent cough with cold and fever in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 1 year and 10 months old and is suffering from severe cough and cold. She also had some kind of cough and cold since 15 to 20 days and after a dose of Azitral for five days she got cured. Now again she has caught cough mainly dry cough. in the night situation became wor...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I note that your daughter is having a second episode of cough and cold within 15 to 20 days. Cough is quite common and tends to be more noticeable at night. Many children suffer during seasonal changes. Your doctor may have prescribed Augmentin Duo (antibiotic) to tr...  Read Full »

My son often suffers with dry cough. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5.6 years old. He is having dry cough for the last 8 to 10 weeks. It is very often worse at night. Also, he had a bad ulcer and pain. He also had a dry cough twice last year, but not this bad. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, that the cough is more at night and lasts for a long time this seems to be a case of hyperactive airway disease. This disease causes problems, mainly during changes in weather and lasts till the age of up to 8 years to maximum 12 years in children....  Read Full »

My 3 year old son has fever and cough for more than a week. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son has a very bad cough with fever of 102 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Since one week, the doctor here has given medication Levolin, Ibugesic and Cetzine along with antibiotics. But, there is no improvement. He still has a fever and a bad cough. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since it has been a week now, evaluation would be required for this child. The treatment going on is completely perfect. However, I would like to make some changes and additions. The fever medicine should be given round the clock for up to three days at least. Nebuliza...  Read Full »

My mother's oxygen level is 70 % even after treatment. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 63 years old. She is having severe cough from more than a year, and last year, she was admitted to the hospital. The doctors gave O2 therapy and BiPAP for four months, and she was fine for few months. Again, the severe cough along with sputum started. Recently, the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Shitla Prasad Upadhyay

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her diagnosis is COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) with cor pulmonale and PAH (pulmonary arterial hypertension). If her SpO2 is 70 % by a pulse oximeter, then she should be admitt...  Read Full »

My infant has chest retractions due to severe cold. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, My 24 days old baby is suffering from cold which retracts her chest making noisy breathing sound liƙe there is thick mucus in the chest. We are using Amoxicillin suspension but there is still no improvement. The doctor has now placed her on Cefixime suspension 2.5 mL twice a day. Do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you get a chest X-ray and a blood test to know the level of infection rather than changing the antibiotics. Along with antibiotics, I suggest you give her nebulizations. Also, if she has got chest retractions, check her saturation level. If it is below 95...  Read Full »