Q. My wife did dieting to become slim, although she is not overweight. Why dose she feel dizzy?

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

My wife is 23-year-old. She has a 3-year-old baby. She is healthy only. For the past two months, she is on a diet to reduce weight. She is not overweight. But she wants a slim body, so she is trying to reduce it. But for the past two days, she feels dizziness frequently (two hours, once dizziness for two seconds). Nighttime, three to four times dizziness is there. We went to the doctor they said dizziness might be due to nerve weakness in the ears. They gave two tablets for one month. Tablet name is Neurocell and Gidihist. She is taking that tablet past two days. But she feels dizziness now also. She is not having fever, cold, or anything, only frequent dizziness. She fears what to do. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern and will help you regarding it. Many reasons can make you feel dizzy. Dieting may lead to a deficiency of certain nutrients leading to general weakness. It can also cause reduced blood sugar levels, which can manifest as dizziness.

I suggest she undergo the following blood tests:

1) Complete blood count (CBC).

2) Fasting and random blood sugar levels.

3) Serum Vitamin-D and Vitamin-B12 levels.

4) Serum Calcium and potassium levels.

Also, monitor her blood pressure. Kindly share the test results when you get them. These will help me better assess the condition. Meanwhile, start taking small and frequent balanced meals rich in proteins and green vegetables. I hope this was helpful.

|